Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Nova Torpedo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been more curious in the Nova Torpedo recently due to the new Bomber update, and while doing some testing I have noticed some odd goings on.

1.] I am not sure if this is design or glitch, however the Torpedo will only do shield damage when it hits, or hits within the splash damage radius of the Shield Hard point.

2.] When shield are gone, on larger ships the torpedo will only do damage when a specific area of the ship is hit. On smaller ships when a hit is made it will do partial damage only due to the splash damage. By larger I am referring to Battleships, cruisers.

3.] Odd note, when flak cannons are in use by the battleship, the explosions deflect the nova torp in odd ball ways, I have one rebound and hit my ship during the testing. Which let me tell you, scarred and confused the crap out of me.

I was curious if these are simply design features and the Torpedo is acting exactly how planed, or if there is an underlying problem with them. As in a battle situation they are incredibly hard to use and require a good amount of skill/luck to create a successful strike. (next to impossible if they are being bumped around at all).

Thanks for your time!
I can answer two of those questions

' Wrote:I have been more curious in the Nova Torpedo recently due to the new Bomber update, and while doing some testing I have noticed some odd goings on.

1.] I am not sure if this is design or glitch, however the Torpedo will only do shield damage when it hits, or hits within the splash damage radius of the Shield Hard point.

This is intended. Or perpahs unfixable game mechanic. Its also one of the reasons why it has quite large damage radius.

Quote:2.] When shield are gone, on larger ships the torpedo will only do damage when a specific area of the ship is hit. On smaller ships when a hit is made it will do partial damage only due to the splash damage. By larger I am referring to Battleships, cruisers.

This one I dont know for sure. I dont want to spread misinformation so I'll leave this one to devs.

Quote:3.] Odd note, when flak cannons are in use by the battleship, the explosions deflect the nova torp in odd ball ways, I have one rebound and hit my ship during the testing. Which let me tell you, scarred and confused the crap out of me.

Yes, its intended, flaks are supposed to make projectiles and ships (I think) bounce off to distance and damage them in the process.
Haha alright, thanks for clearing the Flak issue up, it made for a funny spectacle seeing nova Torpedo rebounding every which way. Makes for an interesting combat scenario in any case.:D