Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Win7 Ultimate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, i managed to dodge the upgrade to vista, and have downloaded win7 ultimate.

I remembered to save all my account id's, all the flmm, flam, flgs-workaround installers
Unfortunately, no freaking driver exists for my video card. it's not written yet.
so when i load up FL, it says 'we did not detect a compatible video card on your system'

ARRRRGH.

have got another driver to try.... but not exactly holding my breath here.

Peeps, learn from this: search for your drivers FIRST

What kind of video card that is? Have you tried using vista drivers instead?
With a lot of 7 installations we have done lately, we have found that XP and vista drivers work for most everything. We would have to know the card name to know how to fix it.

The only issue I have run into that has been rediculous to fix was very old intel vid drivers.

What card?

Unless it's something the producer has ceased support for, you can get drivers off their webpage.
If it's anything that has an nVidia or ATI prefix, you can just download generic drivers like Forceware (nVidia) and 'whateverATIuses'.
XP video driver has worked fine for me on my 7 Professional version.

Just download them and give them a go.
{topic name} inargumently bad thing.
Fixed!

the standard VGA adapter has the same name as the old one (which worked), but as the new one has a later date, win7 kept on re-installing the new one.

cure: (kinda) knacker the new driver, so the compt uses the old one.

yay!

The thing i need to fix now is the updater:
i have the mod activated, but it won't connect to the server to check for compatability and install the new patch.

i've manually installed the patch, but it hasnt worked.
FL global server breaks disco! omg!

back in game, happy bunny