Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hi and RP question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all.
I've been playing freelancer pretty much since it came out, played LAN games mostly, so only in the last year and a bit i've ventured online. I've now been about the Discovery server for a while now, so i figured i'd register and say hello to all.:)

On to the question though; i've decided to create a new character, playing as a 'Space archaeologist' but i don't know what his rep should be like. so far i'm thinking primarily zoner affiliated, the corsairs probably wouldn't appreciate his presense in their artifact rich systems etc, so they'd probably be hostile.
oh and i'm planning on having him and a couple of research associates be flying the spatial-e78-12.
Any advice?
First of all...

Yo on Discovery 24/7 server. Read the rules, have fun, Roleplay, read the rules and... ah yes have fun.

As for idea, it sounds interesting. It isnt anything i've seen before so i have no idea what to suggest. I will only say, that there is also an 'Researcher' id out there. You might want to check it out, before you decide.
' Wrote:First of all...

Yo on Discovery 24/7 server. Read the rules, have fun, Roleplay, read the rules and... ah yes have fun.

As for idea, it sounds interesting. It isnt anything i've seen before so i have no idea what to suggest. I will only say, that there is also an 'Researcher' id out there. You might want to check it out, before you decide.

:)
the researcher ID certainly looks about right, guess i'll just let the rep follow as i go and via common sense.
Thanks!
Welcome at the place we all love and just as alteris said,

read the rules,blablabla, HAVE FUN

<strike>JOIN EFL)</strike>

also have fun,

' Wrote::)
the researcher ID certainly looks about right, guess i'll just let the rep follow as i go and via common sense.
Thanks!

This man will go far :D Welcome aboard.
Welcome to the Disco!

don't re-engage, if you cruise/dock/enter another system, thats the same as a death, explore as much as you can without getting shot at, go look at Gallia (but have a good sheild/fast ship)

Researcher ID would be perfect. Cryer IFF may also be a bonus, alternatively you could go with a Freelancer rep (neutral to most exc. guards/nommies)
' Wrote:Hey all.
I've been playing freelancer pretty much since it came out, played LAN games mostly, so only in the last year and a bit i've ventured online. I've now been about the Discovery server for a while now, so i figured i'd register and say hello to all.:)

I'm going to just put this here...... Chances are he's somewhat already familiar with the basics and the rules.

In any case WELCOME TO THE FORUMS :yahoo:

Be sure to ask around, I would love to assist you if you need any help

X-Fire: outlawbullet
In Game Char:
VR-Alexis.Gale[Ra](*)
ITS-BlindTiger
Anarchy-Child

Feel free to give me a PM, and
I think researcher ID, yeah I mean Zoner would be good. Depends if what you are researching. Though I'm sure they'd want to know, if it's medicine clear it with Cryer first then go for their IFF. But otherwise, perhaps IMG? though they are a legal organization. I'd go with Zoner to have complete neutrality:)
Thanks all:)

So basically researcher ID and zoner rep, cool cool, now i just need to work up the money for that beautiful space hulk aka the spatial :D

see you around space, though as which char... who knows, i like changing fairly often, hence having a fair few ;)
Quote:I'm going to just put this here...... Chances are he's somewhat already familiar with the basics and the rules.
Thank you for beating me to the punch.

I vote no rep and Researcher ID. Just my two cents though, as a researcher doesn't necessarily have to belong to or be associated with a certain group. Besides all that, you're likely to get ganked by the three thousand parties of Sirius who have taken to hating us lately (although it has toned done significantly). Besides, no rep is more interesting. It leaves mystery.

"Oooh, who are they, and why are the researching X thing?"
"Oh... A Zoner... Researching artifacts. *yawn*"

Don't give people everything they need, otherwise your experience will be severely diminished. Eye em aych oh.

P.S. Hullo, welcome aboard.

magoo.odonaghue on Skype if you need anything.
Just saying hi Valk, can't wait to get home to freelancer and go flying with ya again.
Pages: 1 2