Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Osiris power output
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

This is quite an interesting thing. Knowing that the Liberty Dreadnought has 8.000.000 power output and the Osiris only has 7.000.000 (?) I was wondering, why is that? The Osiris was an experimental vessel and I think it would have been a better version of the Liberty Dreadnought (means more power, better armor, more turrets [?]), so I am asking, why? Did I miss something?

Quote:Originally an experimental vessel designed by the LSF and LN, the original Osiris and it's designs were stolen by defecting Order agents. The current design abandons the dangerous and volatile cloaking technology in favor of increased armour and bigger engines. The Osiris is still used as a strike battleship, heavy hitting and lightly armored it packs a punch that even the Liberty Dreadnought can't match for it's size. The Osiris has been the base model for a number of recent capital vessels designed by the Order. Even the Corsairs want this vessel in active service although the Order is loathe to allow even it's vague allies access to this ship.

-Fraz
The ship its self is smaller then the Liberty dreadnought.... So realistically the Dreadnought has a bigger power plant due to it being bigger then the Osiris.
Well, shouldn't it have more turrets then? And I was flying next to a Liberty Dread and they are almost as big as each other. Size doesn't matter.

-Regards
Yes, Osiris is smaller then big Dreadnought.

That's why he have no so much energy.

If Osiris versus LN Dread, Oriris win, because hard to shoot at so small ship
' Wrote:Well, shouldn't it have more turrets then? And I was flying next to a Liberty Dread and they are almost as big as each other. Size doesn't matter.

-Regards

the Osiris is right now is a good ship. it doesn't need any work done.... I've flown one for over a year now. The Liberty dread has more bulk and Size does matter....
Osiris is right now the best group fight battleship in game, and it's among the best in 1 on 1 fights because it's hard as hell to hit, and with new 2x damage primaries it is perfect for both anticap and antifighter at the same time. Only thing it's bad against are the BSs/Dreads with 1 250 000 or more base armor, since they can usually reach and vaporize it before Osi can destroy them.