Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Greyhound...again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

So...the reason for the initial change for the shield was that the BAF had troubles killing these ships, since their VHF is the heaviest in the game.

You nerfed the shield, allright, I can see how that COULD help, but the Greyhound was like the 4.84 sabre- If you don't want to get hit, you won't be.

SO...now you did what...added a turret, big thanks, was the only rogue ship that didnt have one...and...nerfed the already small powerplant...................and made it Faster?

Quote:So...the reason for the innitial change for the shield was that the BAF had troubles killing these ships, since their VHF is the heaviest in the game.

That...is NOT...balance.

Want balance? Resize it, nerf the turn speed.

Or better yet, I want the balance team to get greyhounds and fly them for a week. Then do the maths.

EDIT: This post will be edidted when I get a drink.
There's more to the change that beats the eye (and Flstat).

Let me sum up your history of threads about it:

1) http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=49109

You complain how it's useless with lower shield and only 4 guns and "demand" it to be more of HF or more of a VHF, you are explained that the shield got nerfed because it was too hard to kill, but keep arguing against it.

================

Greyhound gets 1 more guns, less powerplant, less "dodging" more turning.

2) Current thread
You complain that the only problem was that it was too hard to kill (our argumentation in previous thread) and that it became even harder to hit (which is not true)

That's what I call hypocricy.

===================================================

' Wrote:Or better yet, I want the balance team to get greyhounds and fly them for a week. Then do the maths.
Actually we did.. and some werewolfs as well.

Now in the useless werewolf I was able to solo 2 different GBs 1vs1 almost without any hull damage to me.
Then in group of 2 werewolfs we killed a Cap 4 BHG GS with 3 Razors and Inferno....
and after that a group of 2 MM bombers within 2 minutes (we have logs of this encounter if you are interested).

Other than I pirated quite a lot of ships either alone or in groups without any trouble.
But last but not least, we lost when fighting 3 Guardians, which is just fine by me cause Werewolf is clearly better for pirating or small fights than Guardian so it has to be worse in group fights.
We've got retarded monkies calling the shots with this mod's development and balancing, what'd you expect sin?

Martin, you have NO idea how much would I love to call you a lovely name and risk a ban from the forum.
You have NO idea.

The current level the balancing team has shown is simply unforgivable at times and I think I can allow to say many would agree with me here.

And yes, I am indeed a hypocrite, you want to do something about it?

Give us a goddamn VHF or a decent HF that can be used against liberty players, while not overpowering the bretonian bricks. That is what we want, can't you get it through your thick scull?
Quote:Actually we did.. and some werewolfs as well.

Now in the useless werewolf I was able to solo 2 different GBs 1vs1 almost without any hull damage to me.
Then in group of 2 werewolfs we killed a Cap 4 BHG GS with 3 Razors and Inferno....
and after that a group of 2 MM bombers within 2 minutes (we have logs of this encounter if you are interested).

Yes, and I can solo a falcata in a starblazer with only a nukemine and stunpulses.

But that does not mean that others can do that as well.

If you balance from YOUR skills, then that is not balance, that is tweaking upon encounter. Maybe that would explain the Kusari unlawful ships now, but I digress.

You do realize there needs to be a lot done to actually make me flame a member of the dev team, and this is it.

Add more people to the balancing team, because if you keep only the best of the best fighters and tweak the ship for their skill level, how about the rest of us causal players, who simply want to defend ourselves.
' Wrote:If you balance from YOUR skills, then that is not balance, that is tweaking upon encounter.
That's not the case. Seriously though, have you flown the werewolf? It's a freaking pirate's dream. Yes it sucks in bigger fights, and vulnerable to SN/mini because of it's size, but it turns so damn fast! No fighter out there can mount a CD to stop traders with, and then pummel them with a near endless barrage of mini razors.

In all the cases we had succesful trips in the werewolf, I'd say almost no skill was required on our part. Not having flown the greyhound myself since .85 update 1, I can't comment on that, but the Werewolf is a pretty fantastic ship.

' Wrote:You do realize there needs to be a lot done to actually make me flame a member of the dev team, and this is it.
' Wrote:We've got retarded monkies calling the shots with this mod's development and balancing, what'd you expect sin?
Now I don't know if either of you had personal conversations with Mjolnir to warrant these sentiments, but I'd say it's a good idea to step away from your computer until you cool down a bit.
As Mjolnir just told he can kill Gunboats in his Werewolf, I am not able to even kill a BHG Bomber in my Werewolf, except he lags out.

That the Mollies can dodge the slowest VHF ever in their Greyhound that doesnt mean I can dodge light and fast Guardians or Avengers in my Greyhound. I once killed two Falcatas when I was solo trading in my Shire, that wont mean others can do it too.

And as the Zoners taught us. The more you whine, the higher the chance of getting a change.

No, I will not fraking get off my PC, this is simply ridiculous. In the end of the thread we came to an agreement that the only reason for the innitial nerf was that the mollies use the grey more than the rogues and the Templar is a brick.

Then how does this help at all?

And yes the were is a dream, my merc has made over 50 million on them, because you just reverse till they begin to turn and put a nova in their side.

The only way you turn in a were is vertically and, no, it is not fast vertically.

While we are on the subject.

Dual torpedo bombers useless now? Since now we cant mount infernos or razors, which was perfect, you could mount a SN/Inferno and the adv grav transport shield would be gone in one shot. That was the beauty of a dual torpedo slot bomber, now, its only because you can mount a nova torpedo as well, which, might I remind, is pretty useless against traders, and other factions don't have them anyway.
It's the standard tactic, first you say balance team doesn't really test things. Next you say that their experiences don't represent server. After that people usually come with bias. The order in which people come with these things changes, but overall it's the same story with all the people that only complain.

' Wrote:Add more people to the balancing team, because if you keep only the best of the best fighters and tweak the ship for their skill level, how about the rest of us causal players, who simply want to defend ourselves.

You are welcome to join testing team and actually do some work instead of just complaining. Problem is that 90% of testers stop after a few weeks when they found it's actually work and not fun.

No one ever invited us to the testing team. As far as I know.

' Wrote:It's the standard tactic, first you say balance team doesn't really test things. Next you say that their experiences don't represent server. After that people usually come with bias. The order in which people come with these things changes, but overall it's the same story with all the people that only complain.
You are welcome to join testing team and actually do some work instead of just complaining. Problem is that 90% of testers stop after a few weeks when they found it's actually work and not fun.

Yes I would more than like to join the balancing team, because there is nothing much i CAN do but to pick at the ice with a needle, make threads and loose my hair while arguing about something that was discussed with 10 pages worth of contributions, which were completely ignored.

Quote:After that people usually come with bias.
Quote:Maybe that would explain the Kusari unlawful ships now, but I digress.

Already did that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19