Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Regarding the cruise changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Erm, I posted this in the update thread, but I have one more idea.

[3:41:44 PM] Troy Martin (Kazinsal) says: don't like how slowly power comes back after cruising
[3:42:05 PM] Troy Martin (Kazinsal) says: maybe we could make it so that it only drains enough that you can't get any good powerful shots off like a snac or mini razor
[3:42:19 PM] Troy Martin (Kazinsal) says: that would be like halfway for any fighter or bomber
[3:42:42 PM] Troy Martin (Kazinsal) says: gunboats and higher get their power back fast
[3:42:51 PM] Troy Martin (Kazinsal) says: so maybe halfway drain for fighters and bombers
[3:42:56 PM] Troy Martin (Kazinsal) says: but full for gunboats and higher?
I've been running some calculations on various weapons and determined the following:

Caps are screwed.

Cruise in on a bomber or two that aren't cruising, and you're dead before power enough to fire more than a few shots.

So, tactical changes needed: Don't cruise to catch a thrusting bomber, or you die.

I disagree that all caps should be restricted to official factions. We'll lose a good 90% of the playerbase, as well as much of the enjoyable RP I've seen involving various indies with large ships.

(Also, beware the Reliant...I can still use my missiles)
I like these changes. They will change the way people are used to play. Which became dull anyway. Bombers are not omnipotent now, which they were never supposed to be. And I hope that very soon we'll have rule that restricts use of capital ship to anyone who hasn't been active on forum RP as well as in-game. Like getting 5 independent recommendations from several official faction leaders before you're allowed to buy one. Battle ships should be strong, they are just not supposed to be so many. Cannon I said it before, I'll say it again - you rock! MVA imho
' Wrote:I like these changes. They will change the way people are used to play. Which became dull anyway. Bombers are not omnipotent now, which there were never supposed to be. And I hope that very soon we'll have rule that restricts use of capital ship to anyone who hasn't been active on forum RP as well as in-game. Like getting 5 independent recommendations from several official faction leaders before you're allowed to buy one. Battle ships should be strong, they are just not supposed to be so many. Cannon I said it before, I'll say it again - you rock! MVA imho

Alright, now here's an idea I can get behind. Independent capital ships need references from other known players, preferably faction leaders or 2ICs. This would definitely cut down on the olol ships.
I have one slight request. Can we up the damage of gunboat missiles a bit? Currently it's, what, 6650/9975 for liberty ones? That's nice, but I'd personally like to see it about 7500/10000. Cause these missile turrets kind of suck. I know they're anti-fighter, but for the power they use and so forth, they should be a little higher. I'd like to be able to stand a bit of a better chance against bombers.

That is all. I retract my previous "WTF!?"s.
Look, according to Igiss himself discovery is meant to be an extension upon vanilla freelancer, both in gameplay as well as roleplay. A player who has never played any other mod for this game should be able to install disco, get on the server, and know how nearly everything works right off the bat. That means the basic mechanics of transport and combat should -never- change.

This cruise thing... it's a drastic change to gameplay, far more drastic than anything else we've ever seen in disco, and because of that a lot of people, including myself, believe that it should not have been put through - especially not without a MAJORITY CONSENSUS from the discovery community.

That's the problem here, you developers... you keep doing **** without the approval of the players. You make changes and screw things up without ever asking anyone their opinion - and then you play stupid when we get upset because you cant figure out why?

I dont care who made the change, cannon, I just want it reverted. There was no need for it, the situation was fine before - sanctions or no sanctions. I dont honestly care if some noob tries to cruise to catch up to me, whether or not I can prove it I'll either kill him or die. What I care about is not having my own capability in combat gimped because some idiot cant follow the rules - and this does effect -every- combat situation that exists on the server, because cruise is -always- used as an entry tactic.

Stop fixing what isnt broken, why are you incapable of just leaving things alone when they work fine as-is? You're causing more problems than you're solving by doing crap like this.
' Wrote:Stop fixing what isnt broken, why are you incapable of just leaving things alone when they work fine as-is? You're causing more problems than you're solving by doing crap like this.
I agree with you up to this point, Tena. Honestly, things were broken. People were spamming friends to help in battles and the numbers would climb from a one-vs-one LR vs. LN dogfight to a massive fleet engagement. That's not very fun at all.
In my opinion, it'd work... if you reduced the ammount it drains. At least on transports ( who NEED to be able to defend themselves upon coming out of cruise). Again, the recharge time on caps is obscene for this tright now. As I believe was previously stated, doing high-level anti-cap missions in a cap is now pretty pointless. The energy drain renders you helpless. I'm not entirely certain how to get around this one in particular (with the caps) without it becoming useless at stopping caps chasing smaller ships. Perhaps give ships (just caps or all ships) a set 10-15 second cooldown in which their energy does not regen, then just boost it back up to full.
Apology to Cannon sent via Skype.

I'll investigate a few of these things later.
: Your opinion matters as does everybody else who makes up our community. Your opinion might not be acted on but it will be given fair (okay at least some) consideration. It would be wrong to do otherwise.

: I hear you and I'm thinking about it although your idea has a possible problem in that it allows capships to fire on small ships after cruising up. Still a fighter/bomber might be able to evade a couple of shots from a capship whilst making it's escape. I think the idea is worth exploring.

: I think it is broken. Stating that it isn't seems to me to be wrong. Head over to the sanctions section to look at the guys who have lost all of their guns, credits and cargo for violating the rule.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9