Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cshake's Ship Render Services
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Come one, come all!
You know you want them, you know you need them!
That's right, I'm offering you high quality ship renders!

For a very reasonable and negotiable payment of Sirius Credits, you can have your very own high quality ship render of any ship, any angle, any lighting condition! Just think about it, you've always wanted that signature to look just a bit nicer, that faction banner to have that extra sparkle (or grime, for you junkers out there).

I've got fully up to date models of every ship, with accurate textures (yes, this includes V4.85.3)!

So, what can I do to prove this? Well, for starters, you can look at my signature. All handmade, no in-game footage used. Second, you can take a look at the Ships section of the wiki - every ship in there was rendered by me to ensure that they all are at identical angles and with the same lighting conditions.

Still not enough to sway you? Well, have a look here!
[Image: CryerLiner-m.png]

That's right, minor texture modifications are also available for a modest extra fee!

To sweeten the deal even more, I'm willing to add in mounted weapons! That's right, choose what weapons you want to see on your ship, and I can put them there.

So, how do I get one of these amazingly sweet pictures for myself you ask? Well, simply ask!
"Hey can you make me a picture of a [insert ship name here], facing at me and slightly down, with a greenish light coming from the left, like it's in [system name here]?"
In that case, you've be looking at 2.5M, and I'd probably be able to send you the picture within a few hours of seeing the request. The better you define your request, the faster I'll be able to get it right. That means if you can give me a specific angle (20 degrees down from horizontal, 15 degrees to the left) I'd be really happy, but I'll work with whatever you give me.

Or even:
"I'm making this really nice sig for someone, and I just can't get the ship to look right. Can you make one that fits into [example picture], and has shading and perspective that fits with the rest of the image?"
Of course!
Are you seeing the benefits now?

"lol, can u maek 1 4 me with my awesomesauce tridente pwning soem nub lvl20 rhino?"
.... No. sorry. Two reasons: 1) I can't do weapon fire, that's too hard to get out of the game files for me. 2) Even if I could, it would cost you a lot. My prices are subject to increase based on the 'lolwuttery' of the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright, here's the skinny:
+ Any ship, any angle, any lighting, any resolution, any format you want. For technical people, the [perspective / camera distance / zoom / whatever you want to call it when the part farther away is smaller than the part up close] amount is also easily changed.
+ Basic ships will be delivered by whatever means you wish (depending on file size) within 2 days in most cases.
+ Prices start at 2.5M/render, may increase with huge render sizes (more than 1280x1024 or so, just because of the time involved for running it).
+ Basic ships for any BAF| or Cryer| official member are free! (yep, I play favorites)
+ Additional services such as painting the textures or adding weapons will be more expensive and take longer, because they take significantly longer than just running off what I already have ready.
+ Price and time will be quoted before I work on anything, unless you specifically offer something that sounds good to me. Payment will be directed to 'Old.Frank' on the main disco server.

What I do not offer:
- Weapon fire or engine trails, I haven't found a way to export them from the game without trying to recreate them manually by trial and error, which I'm only willing to do for my own stuff (for now at least).
- Full sigs, unless it's just the ship, a simple background, and some text.
- Model modifications.

Of course, if you think something is worth more than I'm asking, feel free to donate whatever you wish! The more money I make from this means less time I have to spend trading, and I'll be able to offer more services.

I know I'd said earlier in the ship renders thread that I couldn't get smoothed ships, but I've figure that out and everything will look nice and smooth, just like they do on the wiki now. Every ship except the Paladin and TigerShark for some reason, those two just don't want to look pretty.

Please note, I am currently a graduate student, so there will be some days or weeks when I have a lot of real work to do, and will not be able to give a fast turnaround. I apologize, but this is a game after all.
Since you seem to handle the models, care to be hired to make a promo video?
Well Lets see here... I'll give you some business... I'm both too lazy to do it myself and I haven't got the right programs...

1x Democritus Luxury Yatch
Angle: Looking down the right side at an angle where the ship seems to be popping out toward you. But not too much, just enough.
1024x768px or something around there would be perfect for the Resolution. nothing too big (for your sake) but no smaller for the smaller dimension than 400px.

I'll see how you do this one and then I'll have some more for you if its satisfactory. How much would that put me back?

EDIT: Take your time on it, I'm in no hurry... well not yet. I may not have acess to a computer soon though so bear with me if I'm unresponsive... I will be back.
OPG Ivan: I can render animations of a ship rotating or something, but I think you're looking for in-game footage, and I don't really have any expertise with that.

Caelgo:
[Image: th_Calego_yacht_1.png]
2M, let me know what needs to be changed, I think this is what you're looking for. It's just a white light behind the camera, can easily modify.
That's close, but move the camera down a bit so we're looking primarily at the side of the Yacht rather than the top. Apart from that that's good.
Make that change and I'll raise you to 3 Million.
Where do I wire the money?

Currently I'm having trouble getting the mod update 2 so I can't connect, but I'm working on it.

EDIT: something similar to the angle here. The Yacht isn't the best ship to do this with but do the best you can.
Image in my first reply has been updated, let me know if it's angled enough, I tried to basically match that other picture.

Money to 'Old.Frank', thanks:)
PERFECT! Awesome! sending the credits now.
Alrighty, now for some other ones:
3x Heavy Tanker
Angles: Directly from the top (no perspective would be great for all of these), Directly from the side, and Directly from the Front.

3x Order "Hathor" Gunboat
Angles: Same as the Tanker

1x Order "Sekhmet" Bomber
Angle: Similar to this A-wing's angle. (with perspective, the idea is that it's coming out at you)

1x Order "Geb" Light Carrier
Angle: same as the Sekhmet if you can figure it out with such a large ship.

<strike>1x Dromedary
Angle: Same as the Yacht one you just did for me.</strike>

<strike>OK so, 9 Renders. How's 30mill sound for all that?</strike>

EDIT: If it's not too late, strike the Dromedary.
3x Mining Ship
Angle: Same as the Heavy tanker.

So that's 11 renders, How's 35 Mill?
Done, PM sent with link.

Sorry, must have missed the topic subscription email, I didn't see that you'd posted again until this afternoon... Oh well, wasn't too long.
No worries. They look great. Should be makin some sigs with 'em soon. Money sent.
Woah, I can't believe this treasure got buried. Thanks for the render, cshake.