Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello, ciao, bonjour, hola, konnichiwa, ni hao, etc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings folks! I'm Passa, my main character on the server is.. Passa, oddly enough. Dromedary pilot (at least temporarily). Well, long time Freelancer player actually, been a massive fan of the game since it came out in 2003, but only tried the online component this year after finishing another playthrough of the game. Loving Discovery so far! Shame I've discovered Discovery (har har) right in the middle of my final schooling examinations.:P

Quite impressed with the player-base, there's definitely some kind of pay-it-forward thing going on.. I'm a massive newbie obviously but after being helped by a few strangers and finding my feet, I started trying to do the same for other players (telling them whatever I knew, sending some starting cash etc). That's a great kind of atmosphere to have. Special kudos to The Angels member Seth Karlo for helping me out and setting me up.

Also stunned at the amount of new content in the mod. Discovering Gallia was pretty awesome. Now going back to vanilla Freelancer feels weird - very empty. I've gathered there's some kind of evolving storyline as each new version comes out? Either way, very cool stuff. There's a lot of depth and I've gotten stuck into the backstory stuff in the wiki.

By now it might be evident that I also have an unfortunate obsession with superfluous language - so I'll try to keep my posts shorter from now on, I promise.:)See you all on the server! And probably the forum. Is there an IRC channel as well or something? Anyhow, hopefully once I've gotten the hang of this RP stuff, I can join some kind of group, going solo does get tiresome.
Welcome to discovery!

Well, I gather that you are pretty much well set-up now and ready to roll along in discovery. You seem pretty eager to help all of us in Discovery.

*looks at location* another person from sydney? Ahh, the ANZlaggers here (myself included).

If you are in need of some futher funds, I may be able to help you there. Flying solo is mostly boring, however, can bring many rewards once you earn yourself a reputation. Joining an official faction will greatly help you throughout discovery (though not too many, I am in about 13-15, and I barely find the time to be active on all of them).

However, do join an official faction. Especially ones from Kusari, as Kusari is by far the least-played house, possibly due to its incredibly complex RP system. If you're up for a challenge, perhaps you could head there.

Welcome to Discovery mate, make sure to read the rules and blame Zelot for anything bad that happens to you.

Have fun.

>Insert amusing comment here<
Welcome to Discovery! Basically do what Amused and equ--er--reaven said and you should be fine. As long as you know and live by the rules.

Have fun RPing and playing on the server!
and when you finish reading the rules, read the rules
' Wrote:There's a lot of depth and I've gotten stuck into the backstory stuff in the wiki.
Yeah... Heh, the wiki stuff... Let's just say don't even bother to start editing stuff for them...

' Wrote:See you all on the server! And probably the forum. Is there an IRC channel as well or something? Anyhow, hopefully once I've gotten the hang of this RP stuff, I can join some kind of group, going solo does get tiresome.

http://discoveryfluk.com/ - but :rtfm:.

We use skype, these forums and private faction forums for pretty much everything.

You can join a faction... You'll have to fill an application for one though...
From what I've heard from my friend, LPI is a good one to start with...
If you like Gallia - then talk to Weedalot, he runs the (currently pending) GRP.
Welcome to the community, I hope it's not too overwhelming for you:). If you want to get a sense of what RP is like, visit the faction Message Dumps. Also, reread the rules, and never forget to blame Zelot.

Oh, and by the way...

<strike>Yeah... Heh, the wiki stuff... Let's just say don't even bother to start editing stuff for them...</strike>
Disregard this wisdom of an immature child.

Hi, welcome to dicovery, join a faction, their fun:DLPI was my first faction and it was good to start out with, gl in discovery and i hope to see you around some time.
Hail sir. Welcome aboard. Unlike everybody else, I wont spam you with threads to read or things to do.

Just... Welcome. I think you should PM me and we can see about jump-starting you into the community. *shifty eyes* And helping me in the process. Otherwise, if you have it, add magoo.odonaghue to your Skype.
Welcome friend! Let's hope you don't get pirated by me!
Pages: 1 2