Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: This Weeks Hypothetical Scenario
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In this scenario, the NPC's in all Houses and other systems now have been buffed to the level of the Rheinland House, since that is the most advanced in level of NPC's as a region. With this, all House ships will be replaced with the MK II varients that players use. But not up to Guard level.

What do you believe will happen?

EDIT: Read next post for revised scenario.
New players would become increasingly frustrated as the NPCs raped them over and over and over if they tried to mine, do missions, or sit in space.

And so would I.
True enough, but how about the initial cash size was buffed, or how about the police stay as they are, but the military forces are the ones to receive the buff? The police aren't meant to be all powerful, but the military are.

How about that?
Mwerte has a point, I suppose. But I think it's worth looking at...

Maybe have Mk II VHFs and such only patrol certain areas, like around bases and other lane termination points. Out in scrap fields and empty space, leave them as they are?
I agree with this.

However, I also agree with bomber patrols in house space (too many capwhores these days >.>)

Of course, this would make it hell for pirates. Then again, there are too many lolwut pirates.
' Wrote:Of course, this would make it hell for pirates. Then again, there are too many lolwut pirates.
Sadly, an obscene number of the low tier *cough* RP *cough* pirates are in the core Liberty zones. Nothing other than players or a lucky capital ship patrol can touch them. But A: They're usually nowhere near the capital patrols and B: the players are usually busy elsewhere.
As a guy who pirates in an HF in Rheinland, I will go and say I would hate this. It's not even remotely enjoyable to try and type 'roleplay' with someone whilst you have a squad of military and half a daumann npc convoy shooting laser crap at your ship the entire time.
' Wrote:As a guy who pirates in an HF in Rheinland, I will go and say I would hate this. It's not even remotely enjoyable to try and type 'roleplay' with someone whilst you have a squad of military and half a daumann npc convoy shooting laser crap at your ship the entire time.
What if the police forces get a little nerf lower of Rheinland level but the military fighter patrols all at Rheinland level? But make the police appear more. I would just think that the police would have a higher presence in the core systems with the war/tension in the current climate.
Well shouldn't the military be.. well, near military bases with the police everywhere else?

So put the heavy military super-ships near or next to important hous bases, and have the mini-light fighter 2hkoed police squads out there kliling the pirates?
would it be amazingly difficult to have different lvl NPC's in different systems?
house capital systems having high level lawful NPC's and low level unlawfuls to make it easier for the new players.
Outerhouse systems would have about even level NPC's around bretonian or kusari strength which is pretty reasonable.
the indy systems on the edge of house space could be full of rhineland level pirate NPC's and some low level lawful NPC's to show the lack of law enforcement on those systems.

apply it across all the houses and they're all balanced NPC-wise.
Pages: 1 2