Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Faction Right Six.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Morning.

Will there be a right given to official factions to request the removal of a player's ship?
Probably not today.
People can request anything they want.
They may not necessarily get it though.
Just ask Santa and you'll see.
' Wrote:Probably not today.
People can request anything they want.
They may not necessarily get it though.
Just ask Santa and you'll see.

I am more surprised by the fact that is took you ten minutes to type that, as opposed to how evasive the answer is.

Thank you anyway.
I have a physical problem that prevents fast typing but promotes careful thinking. Thanks for noticing. Next time let me know when you start typing and I can time you. We'll have a race.

Evasive? I thought I answered it. No one can see the future. Anything is possible in Discovery. There's no sense in ruling anything out. Will unofficial factions have the right to request system purchases? Will official factions have the right to request barges for everyone? Who can tell? The game changes. There is no point in committing ourselves to anything ever, because people who view this game as a kind of political exercise will only latch on to something said by someone in a thread months ago and use it as further evidence of Discovery's gradual decline and corruption. But such a declared right exclusive to official factions hardly needs being considered.

Ships have been removed from people for gross rule-breaking. A rule violation report could be construed as a request to take action, the severity of said action being determined by the nature of any rule-breaking. It's a pretty serious step to take (relatively speaking), but it has happened.

So, in answer to your question: everyone has an implied right to request that the adminstrators take action to deal with someone guilty of gross wrongdoing. The admins have the right to take any steps they feel necessary. It depends on what someone has done, and doesn't have to be declared explicitly as a "right", in my opinion.
But there are situations were rules are not broken by special someone. But acts higly discoureged and skrew ups the fairplay. You can't report him since he hasn't done anything illegal, but you can't which stand it happening to often too.

Here you can't track him all the time, making lots of reports, gathering the info such and later guive up the info to the higher ups for investigating. Eats to much tiem and its well biurocrasy we do not want I guess. As for official factions I doubt they are about to denie every single request. THose are led by respected and proven people of comunity who can make wise or atleast right decisions. Such faction rule would just help keep the balance in the game. IMO. And I guess some of the factions really would care about how they npcfaction is acting in BS's and such.

And as side effect it might encourge joining the player faction atleast a littile.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=51637

I believe that this is a fine exemple. The player itself doesn't really break any rules (except for the fact he uses a restricted ship, but that is ''easily'' obtainable in-RP), but acts like extremely silly.

Since both the Elders and the Order HC wants to see him get rid of the ship, why would they let game mechanics prevent them from doing such?
If it's abused, take it away.

Also I like faction right 5.
If he's not breaking a rule but is harming server gameplay, the other player is officially sanctionable under this rule:
"1.2 Server administrators will impose sanctions on players for violating server rules and for any actions that harm server gameplay."

No, official factions should absolutely NOT have the ability to make someone's ship disappear if the player is following the rules just because he doesn't follow the official faction's ideas to the T. This could also lead to problems like independent players being punished for following canon RP when the official factions don't.
I would rather see players learning, as opposed to being punished.

This is just another load on the admins really, may as well just file a sanction or post a bounty...that combined with the rep rule should be enough to shoo the silly people away.
Rep rules are cool, remember the Apocalypse boys?

Works a charm, and allowing official factions to actively hunt their own indies...
Pages: 1 2