Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A couple of suggested changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
' Wrote:I'm not in a battleship, and the NPC's spawned by missions do not use mortars. The issue is with razors, missile spam, and pulse guns, all of which can quite easily hit a carrier or osiris from 3k away, while the npc's themselves remain invisible to you.

I wonder how razors can hit you from 3k away when they have only 1500 meters range :P

Quote:From this comment, it's quite obvious you havent ever flown anything bigger than a gunboat. Big ships dont dodge, period.

"BIG ships" as in Big BS and your precious carrier can't, that's why they have BS shield. Normal cruisers can.

' Wrote:these missions have always been difficult or in some cases impossible for fighters/bombers.

Impossible for fighters - yes
Impossible for bombers - :lol:
They are the best bomber training short of player combat, if the bomber has SN + Nova it can do them solo. Other than that in groups of 2 ships.

I'd say the value of the drops you get from killing NPC caps could increase so you have more money for the effort. Better than making them *point and click while your ship never looses shield* - type of missions for BS or BS-shielded cruisers.

Remember that these missions are something extra that you choose to do on own will, not something you are forced to do.
' Wrote:Regarding Cruise Power Drain

1. Reserve power

Have each shipclass reserve enough power to regenerate shields while cruising, and enough power to drop countermeasures or launch cruise disruptors. I believe that amount is roughly 3000-4000 power based on grimly's calculations, but I'm sure the devs have more accurate numbers.

2. Power regen speed

Remove the 5 second delay we currently have before power starts to regenerate after leaving cruise speed. Power regens slow enough on it's own, there's no need for this delay. Once your ship drops below 220m/s speed, your energy should start regenerating immediately.

Regarding NPC capital ship missions (somewhat related to cruise power drain)

Capship missions have become much more difficult with the power drain change for any capships to complete, short of a battleship. Further, these missions have always been difficult or in some cases impossible for fighters/bombers.

My suggestion here is to remove the pulse turrets, razors, missiles, and mortars from NPC capital ships that are spawned via missions - and replace them with 100% primary turret loadouts.

This also solves another issue - npc caps spawn at 2.5k, and disappear at 2.5k. This means if you are doing a mission against npc capships, if you go further away from them than 2.5k, they disappear and you can no longer fire at them - but they can still fire at you, up to almost 4k distance. If we replace their guns with primary turrets, the npc caps wont be able to fire at players while 'invisible' anymore.

It's not some calculations, FLStat show that numbers (3000 power units a second for the Adv. Transport Shields, this one being the worst). It still need few work on it but this is still the number we should be around.

I'd say the fact we can't regen after few times is more a win than a lose in this new feature. It makes the full anti-cap far less efficient in 1v1 fights and let it be efficient only in group fights (with other ships having a CD)
I'll add the previous note I made on the power reserve made the mod affect a lot the caps (even gunboats) and not so much the other ships... It could be a way to promote even more the VHF/Bombers that should be used far more than the others classes.
' Wrote:Have each shipclass reserve enough power to regenerate shields while cruising...

What? I thought the whole point of the update was to get Tenacity nervous. I read it somewhere. Or was that some other reason too?
' Wrote:Remember that these missions are something extra that you choose to do on own will, not something you are forced to do.

Missions are optional for getting my guard ID? Yay.

Many, many missions are offered on Isis all the time? Yay.

Anti-capital and anti-fighter missions are clearly labeled? Yay.

Glad you fixed that one for us developer.
' Wrote:Missions are optional for getting my guard ID? Yay.

Many, many missions are offered on Isis all the time? Yay.

Anti-capital and anti-fighter missions are clearly labeled? Yay.

Glad you fixed that one for us developer.

I thought that missions level and amount was a clear indication of whether or not capitals would appear - generally over level 40 and a fee of 500k+. Developing the missions/PvE side of Discovery would be a nice addition.

I can't fathom why people are doing missions to get a Guard ID in caps, considering you need the Guard ID to fly a cap. Shurely shome mishtake.

But the Order definitely have it tough getting repped when the server isn't at capacity, those npc's can be quite mean. I wonder how hard it would be to make an Order bribe. Although from flying around Minor, getting a Order guard ID doesn't seem that hard. It's easy to avoid them otherwise, just thrust e-kill, and turn to face them - they go evasive and you can drift away.

Caps in missions do land hits even when you can't see them on your scanner. Anyone in Omega 15 will tell you that. Apparently there's a way around it by choosing the location of the mission.

Yay.
' Wrote:I thought that missions level and amount was a clear indication of whether or not capitals would appear - generally over level 40 and a fee of 500k+.

So much for that, I've taken a 200k mission off Battleship Derby, on my Paladin, and I had to fight against a couple of Molly Gunboats.

Yay.
Quote:So much for that, I've taken a 200k mission off Battleship Derby, on my Paladin, and I had to fight against a couple of Molly Gunboats.

Sure you do need to take 200k mission in bretonia where 99% of missions are on 50k level. Besides those GBs are no match for a cruiser and easily defeated in GB as well, this discussion started with people pointing how cruisers and gbs can't do the missions.

' Wrote:Anti-capital and anti-fighter missions are clearly labeled? Yay.

Use your brain? Yay?

In omicrons I have never had caps come on a mission under about 350k, but there is an exception. "Assassinate" missions might do that even down to some 250k.
"Kill all ships" missions mostly need to be more than 400k.
"Destroy base" virtually never spawn caps, and anyway you can always pick mission that just requires you to destroy the base and ignore the ships, that's usually a 2 shot job.

===========================================================

Anyway anti-cap missions are something extra that is meant to provide challenge for those who seek it. The easiest way to counter problems with them is simply to remove them. But I do not see the need to do that just because becoming member of The Order, supposedly the most elitistic and secretive group in sirius , can be slightly more difficult than it is for other factions.
All other factions that I know of can pick missions of levels that don't spawn caps, which explains why it's only Order players that see this as huge problem.
Quote:I thought that missions level and amount was a clear indication of whether or not capitals would appear - generally over level 40 and a fee of 500k+. Developing the missions/PvE side of Discovery would be a nice addition.

Not at all. I've had 900k missions that spawn only fighters, and I've had 100k missions that spawn 5-10 destroyers.

Quote:I can't fathom why people are doing missions to get a Guard ID in caps, considering you need the Guard ID to fly a cap. Shurely shome mishtake.

I often help out others with repping up, most of the time the people trying to get guard are flying fighters, and need the assistance of bombers or capships in order to even finish these missions. Hell, even gunboats can be flown before guard ID, and get completely raped by cap missions.

Quote:But the Order definitely have it tough getting repped when the server isn't at capacity, those npc's can be quite mean. I wonder how hard it would be to make an Order bribe. Although from flying around Minor, getting a Order guard ID doesn't seem that hard. It's easy to avoid them otherwise, just thrust e-kill, and turn to face them - they go evasive and you can drift away.

Yes, because it isnt like our system is filled with an asteroid field or anything -_-

Quote:Caps in missions do land hits even when you can't see them on your scanner. Anyone in Omega 15 will tell you that. Apparently there's a way around it by choosing the location of the mission.

I have the same thing happen in delta and occasionally omicron minor. NPC's still exist beyond the 2.5k view distance, you just cant see them - and their pulse turrets and missiles can easily hit you up to 4k away now. Combined with their unlimited energy and the fact that they spam these weapons faster than any player could, it's a problem as far as I'm concerned.

Hi guys I am not playing FL right now but I wanna know are the missions really labeled as anti cap and anti fighter separately?
Tenacity is perfectly right.... ive done 3 990k eta missions in a row, just getting fighters. Then on another occasion i was just gonna do a 250k "base kill" mission and had 8 cruisers against me....

Its totally random when you get caps, BUT ive noticed that when around lvl 60-78 you get more "cap missions" then above.... in my bs i can do 10 missions only getting 1 with caps... in my gb i can get caps all the time....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5