Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Answer the argument
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Note: This is not a trial by forum.

A certain member and I have been having a recent argument over the discussion of a red hessian gunboat mercenary.

I am currently saying that is not allowed, because the infocard specifically states it is only used by the red hessians and in the technology chart exceptions, it clearly states that

Quote:* If the infocard states that the ship/weapon is not sold outside the faction, then no one without that faction ID may use it.

The other member is saying that because on the chart, the chart currently states that red hessian equipment is white with mercenaries. He does have somewhat of a background story (stolen?) but without a special RP request, I am not sure who is right.

Comment and come up with a quick answer please, things are getting ugly between us (Can't we just be happy?)
' Wrote:Note: This is not a trial by forum.

A certain member and I have been having a recent argument over the discussion of a red hessian gunboat mercenary.

I am currently saying that is not allowed, because the infocard specifically states it is only used by the red hessians and in the technology chart exceptions, it clearly states that
The other member is saying that because on the chart, the chart currently states that red hessian equipment is white with mercenaries. He does have somewhat of a background story (stolen?) but without a special RP request, I am not sure who is right.

Comment and come up with a quick answer please, things are getting ugly between us (Can't we just be happy?)

Things aren't getting that ugly between us just your messages just keep making me go "ARGH" and its hard to tell emotion in messages sometimes. Here is what was refered to me for whats acceptable, what needs RP stories and what needs executive permission.
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p...uLWZO7oTLg

And here is my bio that has the needed RP background (it is very well done and i think a lot of people who read it will enjoy it. That's why i found your quick judgment of my RHGB use rude when you first posted it Equa. Because i worked very hard on my bio and it came out epically. I'm very good at short stories and even novels)
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=51660

I'm still waiting for official Admin approval So Kurraine could you please read my bio and end this needless argument.
Quote:"Heimdall" is the codename for the Red Hessian gunship project. Named after the mythic Norse guardian, this ship was designed to operate with full efficiency inside the rocky environments of the Hessian controlled parts of the Omega border worlds, all the while maintaining a superior offensive and support capability. It is a prized ship design amongst the Red Hessians, and is never seen outside their ranks.

If you're flying the ship right now and your special RP request has not been approved, then dock it and don't bring it out.
Edit 1:
I just looked and didn't see a special RP request. When was it filed? (White on the tech chart does not automatically grant ships and tech, especially when something is specifically limited as the ID card says.

Edit 2:

And normally, any post that starts out...

Quote:Note: This is not a trial by forum.

normally is a trial by forum. Don't do it again.

' Wrote:If you're flying the ship right now and your special RP request has not been approved, then dock it and don't bring it out.
Edit 1:
I just looked and didn't see a special RP request. When was it filed? (White on the tech chart does not automatically grant ships and tech, especially when something is specifically limited as the ID card says.

normally is a trial by forum. Don't do it again.

I never filed a special RP request for
A: i didn't know and still don't think i actually need one but i may be misunderstanding some requirements. I dont think i need one because this isn't a "Special" RP request its just an RP waiting admin approval.

B: Kurraine had told me to get another ship after i had an Order GB. I had been sanctioned for having it without a RP explanation. I was sent a message after i protested my sanction that said if i had a RP story explaining my possession of Order tech i should link it to Kurraine. I have since then changed my ship, obviously, made a RP bio explaining both the previous Order tech as well as my new RH tech. The bio was linked in a message to Kurraine. I have yet to recieve a reply but i did not see any specific rule saying you can't use a vessel while awaiting RP story approval.
BTW i am well aware of where it says never seen outside its ranks however it is still white in the tech board and even the red ones can be bent with special permission so i really think everyone is flipping out more than they need to just leave it be and wait for the Admins to make the final say. I will edit my story to be as extravagant as it needs to be to get this ship and believe me when i say i have the talent.

In the meantime i'm a merc who can be nearly universally hired so how about we do as we do in RP and play along already, Hmm?!

Unrelated question: My signature was small, like tiny and didn't get in your face and its somehow refitted itself to its previous size before i tweaked it? Um... what happened?
The only way you will be able to get your hands on this ship without a special RP is to get permission from the RHA or whoever is the current player faction in charge of the Red Hessian NPC faction.

No story will do for this.

Edit: I was incorrect.
' Wrote:If you're flying the ship right now and your special RP request has not been approved, then dock it and don't bring it out.

Darkavatar?
The only reason this whole thing is up is...

Does the white box override the rule that says

Quote:* If the infocard states that the ship/weapon is not sold outside the faction, then no one without that faction ID may use it.

Basically, I don't care if it's white on the sheet, because on the "USING THE SHEET" part on that topic, it clearly states this, therefore this takes precedence before that.

The sheet is a lot more broad than that rule.
Many people can use a faction's weapons and ships and equipment if they're not in that faction exactly - Mollies can use Outcast equipment and ships, technically.

We, however, could not use an Outcast ship that's sold only inside the faction. That rule about the infocard is one layer higher than the rule of the tech list. The tech list is broad, but there are certain cases where it doesn't apply. Mollies are allowed to use the Hessian equipment. But we couldn't use the Outcast-specific ship, because it's Outcast only.

If we were green with Hessians (which we aren't. We should be white with Outcasts and green with Hessians now, the chart's outdated) we still wouldn't be able to use the gunship because of the infocard rule. I think it's obvious to see that the chart is a sweeping generalization. But the infocard rule is a much smaller, much more refined rule in specific cases that don't exactly fit in the chart.
Quote:Sure it can, a white box means forum rp or forum bio to be able to use to meet SERVER rules. However the RHA doesn't have to honor a story that was made without their consent and can force said player to face RP Consequences. So he can fly one but he would have to either ask the RHA or be prepared to be hunted by the RHA and friends.

That makes no sense though. Why would the Hessians sell someone a ship only to to turn around and say "you stole the ship, give it back."

Another situation that wouldn't exist if there was a generic gunboat for freelancers/mercs.