Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Banned without reason.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mesdames, Messieurs. Bon Jour.

I am the owner of characters "Constantine Hawkman" and "Frank Hawkman" on this server, Constantine Frank Hawkman. Still waiting for my real board-account's activation by admin. Fortunately I am able to use this one thanks to my brother's courtesy.

I am amazed by the unfortunate great misunderstanding that happened. Concerning my account's temporal suspension I demand explanation, since no one bothered yet to notify me of what crime against the server's rules I am currently being held responsible.

I find this most unfair and unjust, for I have not committed any violation of server-rules.

The case is a most easy one:
a) Show me the proofs of my wrongdoings along with a proper entry in the forum's topic used to announce sanctions.

or

b) Remove the ban from my account as soon as possible with full pardon and apologize. We are, but adults prone to mistakes, aren't we?

Concerning the whole screamer-usage-related happening i wish to state the following:
Quote:Word of the day : "Screamer". Case analysis by a professional conlanger, Constantine Frank Hawkman.

The word "screamer" - as You can notice refers to a person or a thing that screams, shouts or makes other loud noise. Any dictionary will tell You that. It is, but an agentive noun. It can also be rendered into another form sharing the same meaning: "screaming one", which was used by my brother.

I believe the whole situation involving the aforementioned term is a unnecessarily big, but still silly error and an effect of possibly unintentional overreaction and fatal over-interpretation.

In my opinion it looks like some person living in the world we live and and thus being heavily conditioned by the sex-soaked mass-media too easily and carelessly jumped to conclusion - the only correct and obvious connotation to him and people with similar cultural (or rather that of media) imprint.

The person subconsciously added the non-existing "while experiencing carnal pleasures" and thus falsely felt insulted. Please do take notice that original message ("I don't like your sister, she's a screaming one") shows no sign of an insult in it, simply informing the other party about the sender's opinion - disliking some person related to receiver because of that person's tendency to disturb others by the means of noise.

I should not ever bother with that merely jesting slang excuse of interpretation. It would be entirely and extremely ridiculous to expect players knowing the rules-required, substantial, proper English to have knowledge of every possible slang term. You might not have a clue what a "split" on IRC is, how to prepare a "graveyard stew" or to which part of the train the term "kumoha" refers. Thus other people have the right to be unaware of some highly non-standard and unproper English variant using "screamer" as an euphemism to figuratively, non-literally describe a loud sexual partner as well as many other noise-making things.

Let's stick rather to the prescriptive, dictionary-defined standard and proper English in the future instead of the personal and delusional misinterpretations.