Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Can i do Hacker misisons?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello I am wanting to get Hacker Guard rep so i can buy their Battleship primire Turrets, If i didn't interact other players and just kept a low profile while i do some missions close to a certain base would everyone be okay with it? I will be in a Outcast Battleship and i am wondering if its okay?

-Thoughts?

Edit: Also if you could mention how to get to the hackers Guard system from California and cordinates of the JH etc... and even the base name in the Guard system that sells primes and its location.
' Wrote:Hello I am wanting to get Hacker Guard rep so i can buy their Battleship primire Turrets
*Facepalm*

Yes, it should be fine, as long as your an Outcast, or a Hacker in an OC ship you should be fine.
Technically, it's allowed. But consider:

Why do you have an Outcast battleship so close to House space? Shouldn't it be protecting Malta? What's wrong with Outcast-made weaponry? Does the Council of Ministers know that one of their capital ships is so far afield? Are the Lane Hackers aware that an Outcast battleship is about to intrude upon their space, dock with their shipyard and spend several weeks clogging up what is presumably limited docking space so that a large number of perplexed and obviously heavily bribed Hacker engineers can take the time to install the turrets and alter the vessel's electronics to be compatible with them? How are you going to keep the Hacker leadership from finding out that a massive warship not belonging to them is making use of their shipyard? How'll you explain it to the Council of Ministers if some sort of political issue arises due to it all?
Precisely what Thurgret said; also...

Lawfuls dont like big bad battleships in their house space, specially in NY. Dont think that because you have a big capital you will be able to take on the 2 or 3 lawfuls logged, we got skype and as soon as you enter house space a skype message will be sent to the chats and everyone will log to have his/her piece of capship, since they are so easy to destroy by some bombers and gunboats.

Second why would Outcasts let a warship out of their space to roam free pewpewing lawfuls, when there is a war going on?
Why would hackers let someone they dont trust into their guard system, specially if you had little interaction with them, the HF is very protective of their jewel, as their allies, and wont let anyone in, even if you have hacker ID, the guard system is owned by the HF, not the hackers as faction. You will need some good answers to the above if you want to succesfully purchase a battleship, and even more with hacker weaponry. True the chart states you can use them, but what about RP?

Also a nice background story written here somewhere in the forums would be nice; avoid stories based on "stolen", "a gift" "captured" thats the easy excuse to claim ownership and many wont like it
Wow lads you got me wrong i am just going to descretly go to Magellen get some nice guard rep with hackers as quickly as possible get some of there primry battleship guns and go away. No pewpew of NY etc.
' Wrote:Wow lads you got me wrong i am just going to descretly go to Magellen get some nice guard rep with hackers as quickly as possible get some of there primry battleship guns and go away. No pewpew of NY etc.

It might be a better idea to group with someone in a fighter, or several, and have them complete the missions via range.

Then get your guns.
Isn't hacker guard system locked down and acces is denied even for their allies?
' Wrote:Isn't hacker guard system locked down and acces is denied even for their allies?

i would think yes, i nearly got blown to bits flying my outcast sabre in there while switching factions. the players didn't give jack squat about my rp story or anything. if you're not hacker you're dead is the message i got from a gunboats turrets
Battleship Turrets are found only on Fort Leniex. I asked Denelo if I could bring an Outcast Engineer to help us with our "project for the science fair" that's parked there.

He said kill anyone who sees Leniex.

The NTF are allies of the Hellfire. If they enter the Leniex cloud HF shoots on sight..
Perhaps if you're really lucky, you might be able to pay an extreme amount of money to get a Hacker to go and fetch some battleship turrets for you.
Pages: 1 2 3