Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Freelancer Revolutions 24/7 RP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
WE NEED PEOPLE TO TEST THE SERVER IP AND CONNECTION!

Server Name: Discovery Revolutions 24/7 RP
Server IP: 192.168.1.3

============================================================

Soon the Freelancer Revolutions 24/7 RP server will be up and running - Here are the details.

- 50player slot
- 1mill starting cash (just default admins may hand out cash to new players)
- [Admin]Revan [Admin]Zaixionito
- Rules and Info found at the site:
www.discoveryrev.webs.com

[Image: recx1-1.png]
Nice.

Whats starting cash?
Can I haz adminz so I can beam and get Nommie BS and lolwtfpwnzor everyone. Pleeease with a cherry on top;)
Where is it located? (In the world)
USA. Check the wiki for more information.
' Wrote:WE NEED PEOPLE TO TEST THE SERVER IP AND CONNECTION!

Server Name: Discovery Revolutions 24/7 RP
Server IP: 192.168.1.3
============================================================

So this is a LAN server not reachable from the internet ?
Are you paying airfare, acomodations and food for us from abroad who have to get to your place to test the server ?

Hint: Class C non-routable private address space.
' Wrote:So this is a LAN server not reachable from the internet ?
Are you paying airfare, acomodations and food for us from abroad who have to get to your place to test the server ?

Hint: Class C non-routable private address space.

err, you have to direct connect for the moment.
' Wrote:err, you have to direct connect for the moment.
Well, NO one from the WAN side (Internet) of your router will be able to connect to your server, since you published its non-routable Class C address (the IP address used on your LAN side of the router). Only people on the LAN side will be able to connect to it, with the information you published.

Analogy time : What you did is equal to going to the townsquare of a town where no one knoews where you live, and yell out an invitation to a party held in the third room of your house, then leaving without telling anybody WHERE your house is. No wonder nobody shows.

Find out what IP address your router has on the WAN side - go to www.whatismyip.com - open up the required ports on your router (2300-2400/UDP), and forward them to the LAN side IP that your server has (the one you published). Make sure that your Server allways get that address by allocating it statically, instead of via DHCP.
Then publish the WAN side IP address (the one you got from www.whatismyip.com), since that is the address users on the internet needs, in order to connect to your server.

Oh, and do hope that you ISP doesn't use dynamic address allocation, since in the worst case scenario it could mean that your WAN side IP address changes every time the lease expires, or anytime the router has been switched of for more than an hour. So if you plan on running your server for a long time, it might be an idea to ask your ISP for a permanent IP address, even if that adds a charge to your contract.
' Wrote:Analogy time : What you did is equal to going to the townsquare of a town where no one knoews where you live, and yell out an invitation to a party held in the third room of your house, then leaving without telling anybody WHERE your house is. No wonder nobody shows.

I am so doing that one day.

Revan, there should be quite a few tutorials on how to set up your Freelancer server around the net, perhaps even on this very board. Check 'em out in addition to Millers' advice.
' Wrote:I am so doing that one day.

Revan, there should be quite a few tutorials on how to set up your Freelancer server around the net, perhaps even on this very board. Check 'em out in addition to Millers' advice.

This is my ROUTER IP: 192.168.1.1
This is my IP: 71.23.18.240

I have already port forwarded the ports for the FL Server on my Router.

======================================================================
What should I do next?

This is the info for my XP server comp (ipconfig/all)

IP ADDRESS: 192.168.1.3
DEFAULT GATEWAY: 192.168.1.1
SUBNET MASK: 255.255.255.0
DNS SERVER: 192.168.1.1
===========================

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN or direct me what to do with this information and how to get everything to work?

Thanks - REV
' Wrote:This is my ROUTER IP: 192.168.1.1
This is my IP: 71.23.18.240
I have already port forwarded the ports for the FL Server on my Router.

--------- <SNIP> ---------

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN or direct me what to do with this information and how to get everything to work?

Thanks - REV

I allready did. If you have portforwarded 2300-2400 UDP traffic on your router to the servers LAN IP (192.168.1.3) you are good to go.
I would also suggest that you enable the gun.fllistserver.com line in the freelancer.ini file, so your server is published on the community provided listserver. The benefit is that if your IP address changes, people using the list server will be able to see it, and not wait for a new announcement of the IP.

You do that by by either removing the ;;; from the line with hostname = gun.fllistserver.com, or adding such a line if it wasn't there before, in the [ListServer] section of the freelancer.ini file.

The complete section of the freelancer.ini files should look like this
Code:
[ListServer]
hostname = localhost&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;; Your local machine
;;;hostname = FLListServer2.dns.corp.microsoft.com&nbsp;&nbsp;; GUN server in Austin (defunct)
;;;hostname = 131.107.135.190&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;; GUN server in Redmond (defunct)
;;;hostname = fllistserver.zone.msn.com&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;; GUN server in Redmond (DNS entry) (defunct)
hostname = gun.fllistserver.com&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;; Community provided GUN server by www.fllistserver.com

You then tell people to connect to the WAN IP (71.23.18.240) by adding -s71.23.18:240:2302 to their FL shortcut, and hope that your ISP doesn't assign a new WAN IP to your router when the next lease request is sent.
Pages: 1 2