Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: connecting to new server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so I hereby wave any right to ever be called tech savvy.

Cannon posted what to change in the shortcut over on the server status thread. When I insert the -s87.72.29.113:2302 to the end of the target box, it says access denied. Last I checked, I had admin access on this machine, so I don't know exactly what I'm doing stupid here. I do know my shortcut isn't the same as Cannon's. It looks pretty standard in fact (and yes I know his picture showed several logging and other server options, that isn't what I'm talking about though).

Here's what mine has.

Target: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.exe"
Start In: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE"

Let's see how fast everyone can giggle and point out my obvious issue ^_^

GO!
Just to be sure, you're adding it to the target field, right?

Also your OS information might be useful. If all else fails you can always try creating a new shortcut.

Kimiji brought up something I'd forgotten, are you sure that you have administrator priveleges on that account?
Well...

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.exe" -s87.72.29.113:2302

in the target field should do it. You are saying it's not letting you save the changes to the target field? If so then you aren't on an admin account.
just a shot in the dark, but you are making sure to put a space between the end of .exe & the front of -s

right?
I am putting a space, and I am adding it to the target field. I'll try making a new shortcut; and if that doesn't work I'll log onto my brothers account. I KNOW he has admin status. I'm running XP Home and never had a Freelancer-OS issue before, so this would be a first. Nice response time guys. =)

Edit: I right-clicked the Freelancer.exe in the EXE file and hit copy, then hit paste shortcut on my desktop. Opened it's properties, pasted "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.exe" -s87.72.29.113:2302 in the target line and it fixed everything. Thanks guys. pfff You beat the heck out of campus IT staff. XD
It goes outside the quotes.
I deleted all my shortcuts then used FAM to remake them with the new IP replacing the old one, worked fine.
add the Server IP at the end outside the quotes. like so:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\DSUpdate.exe" -s87.72.29.113:2302
Great! See you in game!