Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Obviously, I'm new here :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello everyone!

I am an old Jumpgate Classic player that just recently discovered this community. I am extremely excited by the whole emphasis on having fun and roleplaying on the 24/7 server. As such, I've decided to join in the fun!

I do have a couple questions if anyone would like to throw in an answer or two:

Firstly, while I really enjoy in-game roleplay, I haven't historically written up any sort of coverage of this in a forum. I see that RP in the forums (create a story around yourself and promote it within the context of a group) is highly encouraged and even required to explain the usage of certain ships and weapons. That's cool, but I was wondering if it's still possible to be a vibrant member of this community without the in-depth forum role-play (pretend this last sentence was a question- Can I still contribute to the community effectively?)

Secondly, I am definitely going to create a character that will eventually end up in the luxury passenger transport business, but I'm a bit stumped about what nationality to pick for him. I want to use Liberty, but I fear that it's probably overused and I'm a US citizen already so it's not much of a stretch. Does anyone have any ideas for a more creative origin story for my character? And would it be ok to be a Rheinlander with an over-the-top German accent?

Well, that's all for now. Thanks for taking the time to read my first post!

Mallard (real name to be decided soon!)
Yes you can, and Bretonian.

:)
You don't need lots of forum RP to be a great RPer in game, thats where it counts.

Welcome!:D
Welcome!
It's good to see I'm not the only one wanting to get into the Passenger business!
welcome aboard mate :D
Welcome !!! enjoy the game, read the rules, and have fun
In-gameRP > Forum-RP. :crazy:

And:

Welcome!:D
If you need help just seek ships whit [Helper]namehere or [The Angels]namehere
[Helper] characters are all mine so feel free to ask for help.
See ya tomorow.
welcome to the best community of Freelancer,

~Mikeyh
Welcome to the community. Check my signature for rules, sanctions area, factions, and RP forums.

Forums RP is encouraged, but not required. If you are wanting to have a "special" RP character, then much RP both on the forums and in game is required to do so. Otherwise, you're good to go.

~Leo
Pages: 1 2 3