Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Very Important- About RP and PvP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Firstly, would like to say that this will be a long one, so I wish the very best of your patience while reading it.

~~PROLOGUE~~

Regarding Koolmo's Post

Well I think "Dead eh?" is one of the most important threads I have ever faced till now. Reason is I realize how bad the outcomes could prove to be when being involved in a similar example in which a dead player roams around the event zone and causes big trouble. The things Koolmo has mentioned are important enough to be at least clarified for the sake of rp and pvp art of future or put in a decent common understanding point where the majority would not come against not because it is a rule but it is a fact to be respected. As mentioned before, I found myself in a similar conduct today which is between only me and Maniaco[TBH] - if I spell your name wrong please correct me since it has been some time for me to make this post and I have written your name as I remember it - I will try to summarize what has happened within an objective point of view.

~~PART-I~~

I was in O-55 system looking for some wrecks and on the return to Cambridge, on the Cambridge side of Omega-5 jump hole Maniaco[TBH] told me he would open fire unless I paid him 3 million credits. I tried to avoid and run but unluckily - [i]for me of course
- he intercepted my run for freedom and executed me on the spot. What he has done is so normal since he is a pirate and he will act as a pirate. I am not mourning about this issue. Since the system I was attacked is Cambridge - one of the vital areas in Bretonia that we are supposed to guard - I decided to log in my second character but after some decent time - I did not never make F1 and log in another character to avoid death, instead always let my enemy to trail me and kill me if he or she can - But here a question could be asked while the concept would be observed as well for the sake of possible future conducts which could lead to a better common sense. How much decent time should or could pass or is there not any chance to log in another character in the same system a player has been killed by a player. The observation of this matter is quite essential in my opinion.

After logging my second character in I asked the guy who has killed me that "would you like to be paid now?" and after a sarcastic response from him, intending to continue the sarcasm and not offend anybody i said "how much would you like to get paid" these are the exact statements in the game that took place in private message. I am sharing all this information honestly because I know that I did not intend to act offensive any time but only sarcastic and in a manner which could lead to be funny.

After he understood that I had logged in another char and the man in charge of the new char was the fighter pilot who got killed in his previous contact, not surprisingly we may say he logged off. After some time I recieved messages from another player whom I do not remember the exact name of - and personally dont feel trying to give exact names as if we intend to blame the person - regarding our previous conduct. In fact in a game of rp these type of provocative messages could and do usually take place both in private messages and general chat. And I do not find nothing wrong with this unless the messages contain insult or offensive intentions which could lead to unwanted provocation of game play and disharmony. To avoid all these we, players need to behave polite and think twice before attempting to say anything.

To sum up, I wanted to scout the omega-5 system although he went offline just because I wondered if there were remnants of any pirate activity or not - this can not be considered as a chase since the guy who killed me went offline - However, after facing 2 outcast cruisers I sensed that the owner of the messages which were arriving from a new user could be the previous guy or maybe a friend of his. I am not never in the hurrying mood of trying to find and single out a person as he is guilty. All the things that happened are normal and belong to an outcome of a natural incident in my personal opinion.

I have been honest from the very beginning of my post and will continue as it is, the first who opened fire were the 2 outcast cruisers. They took out my shield and they outpowered me although I was using a bs. And normally, I could not even engage them but chose to fall back to Cambridge. My shield batteries were used up and I barely managed to dock at the planet. At a very near point while I was docking one of my guild mates who is the leader of our guild logged in with his TRADER character whose name is Coinhand. And this was a very lucky coincidence for me to report him back the incident that I was outgunned and needed help. The thing is, after being defeated our opponents tried to defend theirselves by pointing out that I had called my mates for help and this was not fair for Rp rules and commonsense of Rp. If I had done called them in such a manner that I was craving with lust for ultimate and fast avenge they would have every right to grieve and show their statement as true. However, - you can also ask my guild members - my mate logged in his trader character which he had told me about maybe an hour or more before he was leaving the game since he had some work to do, so this was nothing more then a mere coincidence that I had the chance to report him for backup.

~ PART-II ~ Severe Interference of Koolmo in the name of SF affliation within the conduct

Firstly, not being totally sure who is who in real life and game, I would be more than happy if you correct me about the names and linkages between factions and people here.

In the mid of the conduct a SF member whom I can not remember the name of, which makes me feel really sorry for, interfered the incident. I heard from my guild mate that the man who interfered the incident was Koolmo. Though we could not just solve the intention of his interfering the event. As I said before there can be some speeches which could be considered as either offensive and provocative. Yet, I have always tried and try to keep distance and accept the words in a mood of sarcasm which makes me feel that my opponent intends only to make fun but not hurt anybody. This is why I have always tried my best to stay in course of politeness as my speeches only intend to continue the sarcastic humor that is put in the ongoing flow of events and nature.

- The ones those I have given away their names, please reply this post with your valuable information in order to enable us make a complete clarification of this necessary issue -

His interference however did not effect the result but only the mood of people involving there. His words could be accepted as both rude, funny, sometimes like nutts and sometimes sarcastic and clever as hell. So I do not bother with the unknown reason that why he called us idiots or worse stuff then whores and why he kept insisting that we were incompetent throughout the event and what or how he has said anything but only the sarcastic and sometimes a funny mood he has created with the way of his speech.

~~Last Chapter~~

Finally folks, what Koolmo has asked about the rp rules are important to underline again just to ensure that players will know the way they need to behave not to hurt people and for the respect against the administrators of these servers and mod, who have been spending long time with tiresome work to make lots of people happy and satisfied. All in all, if one of the things I have done - and if there is one it would have been surely accidental not intendedly - could or should -both are open for discussion- be considered as an act that needs to be warned or fined, I accept whatever the consequences are. Of course I would not want to be banned or fined because of an event which is I am already so sad to post. But the aim to make this post is actually to make a small contribution to the created consensus which could provide some profitable outcomes for the common wealth and common sense of servers future Rp and Pvp actions.

*PS: The SF member who interfered in the action wanted me to tell him my fighters full name. If he is to make any post regarding his possible opinions of my disconduct which he or other people -who I do not know of- believe to be flawed, I am proposing this post to the administrators be taken into account to be submitted as a word of my defence.

My Involved fighter full name---> {C}Gordon-(*H)
My Second character logged in---> BlackOne
(this second char is waiting for a name change so please do not aim to critisize it with being against Rp sense- and I am not the only one who logged off and then entered the battlezone with another character, and there is a decent time interval between 2 events which still could be discussed further so please take these things into account before posting your comments and wishes)

- also please forgive if there are any spelling or grammar or meaning of sentence flaws

Best Regards
Quote:that I had called my mates for help and this was not fair for Rp rules and commonsense of Rp.
Who said such thing?
Asking for backup is out of RP? That is utter bull...
I hence read "oo, we want to win easily so we scare the crap out of him by telling him that asking for backup is out of Rp"...
Come on. OORP is being used as god was used when America was slaughtered back in the XV century by the Spanish, British, Frenchs and Portuguese...
Stop doing that...
Quote:the leader of our guild logged in with his TRADER character whose name is Coinhand. And this was a very lucky coincidence for me to report him back the incident that I was outgunned and needed help.

CORRECTION: I do believe that I entered the game in my destroyer, saw your trouble, and came to aid in the same ship. (If Coinhand was logged it is because I entered to trade then logged out and read forum for 10 minutes then came back in the dessy)

I also noticed that most RP with personal fighters as the cap. ship pilot is the same person as the other fighter character.
I have been RPing as my different characters being different people. So when I am in a lower rank character I try to play the part and take orders from higher-ups even though I am the leader.

Quote:His interference however did not effect the result but only the mood of people involving there. His words could be accepted as both rude, funny, sometimes like nutts and sometimes sarcastic and clever as hell. So I do not bother with the unknown reason that why he called us idiots or worse stuff then whores and why he kept insisting that we were incompetent throughout the event and what or how he has said anything but only the sarcastic and sometimes a funny mood he has created with the way of his speech.
Ya, this could have been considered offencive but I am an adult and I can take a little mud in the face.
Actually I almost peed my pants, the conversation was so funny. He played up the Pompus Officer role verry well and I had a lot of fun.
But the thing is, he was egging us on the hole time as if we would get in trouble if we did not kill those corsairs. So I played along and we chased but the corsair just circled the system in the kind of chase that adds up to a verry long cruiser flight. And [SF]Prince was egging and egging, I felt like it was a set up.
And the angry RP was fine but, now that I see he is really angry, I question his basis for it.

What ever happens, I have no anger about this and will be happy to do whatever is asked of me to resolve the matter.
' Wrote:Who said such thing?
Asking for backup is out of RP? That is utter bull...

I believe what was said here is not entirely informative..

He asked for assistance from a faction that was unconnected to the character he was flying, which was in no faction at all. The 'backup' and the one who called for it were not in the same faction, and as such, he had no real RP justification to call for backup from said faction.

This would be like me asking AW-tagged characters to aid my Orbital Spa & Cruise-tagged Luxury Liner when its attacked.. The Liner is not an AW ship, and the person attacking me is not an enemy of AW, there is no justification for the AW to get involved. This is the thing that had happened. Backup was called with no connection between the caller, and the backup, and as such, there was no justification for their involvement.
Yea, that is exacly it. "Prinz Eugen's" captain is a Rheinland officer with a horrible dislike of innefficiency. Everything i said in that entire 2 hour rant was IC, although I did mean most of it.

I'm not 'really angry', I just think that your RP and actions are shaky, and need some fixing. The thing that REALLY bothers me is the cambridge thing. This smacks WAY too much of the old BSG, where there were more BSG ships than SF ones at all times guarding the system, and the SF were essentially support. Get your own system, we have this one.
I'd like to note this (in reference to Dab's comment)

Quote:After logging my second character in I asked the guy who has killed me that "would you like to be paid now?". . .
At a very near point while I was docking one of my guild mates who is the leader of our guild logged in with his TRADER character whose name is Coinhand. And this was a very lucky coincidence for me to report him back the incident that I was outgunned and needed help. The thing is, after being defeated our opponents tried to defend theirselves by pointing out that I had called my mates for help and this was not fair for Rp rules and commonsense of Rp.

You see. His second character, was not in anyway affiliated with {C} beyond the fact that he was a bounty hunter. I believe I've already explained most of this in my post.

Also, a trader suddenly becoming a destroyer is, undoubtedly. . .funny.

And, your not part of a faction until you have that tag/id/ AND name. So none of this "having it's name changed, so it works." Thank you.

(And thank you to Dab for clearing that up.)
Damn i deleted it when i was finished by accident....damn.
It was very very long too. damn im an idiot.

EDIT: here i go again:

Im gonna make this shorter this time:

Im in my TBH character, Mantis[TBH] (not Maniaco) and I tried to pirate {C}Gordon{H}. I destroy him, Then he switches over to his unaffiliated character BlackOne. Then he contacts me in private chat and says "Do you want me to pay you now". I already know this is a battleship seeing as it was a Zoner Juggernought the day before when i was in my character Montoya[TBH]. Both vehicles, Gunboat (Mantis) and Titan (Montoya) are pillotted by the same guy.

Regardless, when he contacted me, i thought the RP was out of the window.

Myself and my friend Orvidos and Axe had worked out a system whereby we pirate the area and have heavy armour close to defend us from the SF if needs be. Orvidos was in his character Deus.Encarmine which has no tag and pirate ID. When i see that BlackOne is in Cambridge and obviously heading in my direction, i dock on Cadiz and switch characters to my Huntress named "McNeo" with Corsair tag and ID. I have not got an NCC or asked for a name change yet, though I intend to, so it possibly counts as out of RP.

My freind and I launch from Cadiz and go to the Omega 5 jh, where we overpower him and he runs to planet cambridge after jumping back. Around this time, we see {C} characters log on...

EDIT: part 2 comming up...

The Battlestar dock camps on Cambridge and we decide to head off to intercept the {C} forces. They are obviously heading this way, we deduce, because of the Battlestar's reluctance to come out of Cambridge. We jump to NL and find a gunboat and cruiser both tagged {C} comming out of the trade lanes to that gate, confiming our suspicion of them helping an unpaid character (who later acts as if hes in the {C}) defeat pirates.

We engage the cruiser and destroyer and then (what do you know) the Battlestar jump into NL. at this point, i get destroyed and Deus.Encarmine runs back to Cambridge, starting a merry chase around the system.

I linger in Omega 5 for a while until i decide that i want to see the chat. I go the wrong way to the Omega 41 jump hole (yes i am an idiot >.<) and before i jump, a {C} destroyer comes from the jump hole and opens fire on me. I tell him that if he want me to rengage i will, and he apologises and moves on to Cambridge. I jump into Cambridge after correcting my navigational error and do not move from that spot that i jump into in Cambridge. I am completely silent, seeing as i am dead and they should know i am seeing as they killed me. I look at the chat and have a laugh at Koolmo telling them what to do. A bit later, Blackone comes up to me in his battlestar and opens fire. I openly state that i am rentering the chase as he fired on me, and I cruise around, eventually distrupted by the Prinz Eugen and killed by him as well as BlackOne.

I then respawn at Cadiz and jump into cambridge, this time stating that I am dead and if they attack me i will renter combat again....

EDIT: Part 3 now...

I enter Cambridge and neither BlackOne nor the {C} attack me. At this point, BlackOne is hunting for Deus.Encarmine in tandem with the {C} leading me to believe that this untagged battleship is part of the {C}. This is proved false by the lack of a post requesting a name change in the relevant thread at the time of the incident.

I do not know the story of the ramming as i didnt actually see it, but i do believe a Huntress actually has more to lose due to its poor fireing arcs when ramming or being rammed by a gunboat, cruiser and battleship. Besides, I have seen Orvidos's style of fight with the Huntress and he rotates in place instead of thrusting and rotating like i do, meaning that it is very hard for him to ram without moving. I wasnt there, i didnt see what happened, but I know thats how he fights in a Huntress.

Finished...damn thats alot of my time x2 down the drain...meh, this post had to be written.

The Battlestar dock camps on Cambridge and we decide to head off to intercept the {C} forces. They are obviously heading this way, we deduce, because of the Battlestar's reluctance to come out of Cambridge. We jump to NL and find a gunboat and cruiser both tagged {C} comming out of the trade lanes to that gate, confiming our suspicion of them helping an unpaid character (who later acts as if hes in the {C}) defeat pirates.

We engage the cruiser and destroyer and then (what do you know) the Battlestar jump into NL. at this point, i get destroyed and Deus.Encarmine runs back to Cambridge, starting a merry chase around the system.

Ok this is not to accurate.I for one was just meeting my leader outside cambridge to see his destroyer since i my buy 1 my self. We both at this time did not know about the corsairs( or atleast i did not since i was just cruising to meet my leader and not watching chat) when i came out of trade lane to be rammed and shot at before knowing what was going on.Being in a gunboat i did not feel like fighting to cruisers so ran, at which time my leader in his destroyer came out of lane and engaged corvairs.We killed 1 then went to cambridge where the rest hit the fan.Just pointing out a few facts. I in gunboat bossman in destroyer.
I love this. . .misleading.

You engaged the moment you dropped from the trade lane, thanks.
I should have said that this is from my point of view. I forgot to add that, but what do you think when a battlestar docks on Cambridge and {C} forces log on in NL and Leeds, and the one in leeds jumps to NL. As soon as that happened me and Orvidos (conversing over skype chat), we thought you were comming to help so we jumped into NL.

Also, we did not ram you to my recollection. I was shooting you with my guns, but i do not remember ramming.
Pages: 1 2