Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Truely Independant Miner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I set up a secondary character, intending him to be a free wandering gypsy miner, going where he will and mostly earning his credits mining various fields in his Mafic, yet still able to fight off hostiles.....thus far I have him IMG as regards IFF and equipment etc, thus getting the various mining boosts etc......however this isn't ideal for the role I wanted and I would happily forego some of the bonus's for more freedom of movement and operation.....I was thinking maybe Freelancer IFF and plain Miner ID, would this be allowed and/or would some other combo of elements allow better gameplay.

I must say that the freelancer IFF and generic miner ID maby not give the best of mining bonuses,
but they will truly give you complete freedom when roaming around in that maffic of yours.
Yes I would entirely agree. Go for the freelancer IFF and miner ID. If your only mining in a maffic you won't need much of a bonus anyway.
Ah well, unadventurous as it is, I'm just moving him towards IMG allignment for now [having got very slightly into the RP elemnt of it]....I may come back to the FL/basic Miner config later on but I was a bit put off by the cant land on ANY mining bases aspect of the ID. Thanks for the input though, its good to know its a viable option anyhow...
' Wrote:Ah well, <snip> Thanks for the input though, its good to know its a viable option anyhow...

Not only that, I would say YOU could claim to be the first, who came up with that idea. :mellow:

I like it very much.
i must warn you that being independent crew is a hard task in space. no place to call home is a dire thing to do. i suggest you find somewhere you fit rather than branching out on your own