Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rule Clarification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
' Wrote:- Single player using two or more computers to fly their own characters.

Now, I know the reason this rule was put in place to begin with. To keep people from Slot saving and running convoys of their own Adv. Trains and making tons of cash.

What I want to know is if it's is acceptable if you can't find anyone to transfer equipment for you if it is acceptable to log another character on, on another computer and move the equipment yourself, or if you're just SOL in finding someone to transfer your weapons, armor, what have you.

~Leo
If the server is 50/100, shouldn't be a problem.

If it's anything above half, slot saving could occur... or profit abuse...

Either way, let's wait for one of the highers to speak it.

Just ask someone, I'm willing to move items for you, just yell at me and I'll help you, Newark is best...
If it's a quick transfer when the server is non-full, nobody will notice or mind. If by 'transfer' you mean 'buy cargo, take it somewhere, and then sell it' then yes, people will notice and have a problem with it.
' Wrote:If by 'transfer' you mean 'buy cargo, take it somewhere, and then sell it' then yes, people will notice and have a problem with it.

Oh no, I wouldn't do that. I just needed some equipment transferred earlier (weapons) and no one could help me so I was left with the items on my ship and not able to move them over.

Thank you for the clarification.

~Leo
The important thing is to be discreet. If you need to swap stuff from one character to another find somewhere quiet and out-of-the-way to do it, and make it as quick as is reasonably possible. No sane person is going to mind so long as you don't do it during a high load period.

And in case anyone feels like telling him to find another player do help him; I got a Cruiser mortar free of charge from someone doing just that.:)
What abuot people, like brothers who play from one IP on two computers?
I believe if you let the admins know about that, they will make an exception for you. You may want to check though.

~Leo
' Wrote:What abuot people, like brothers who play from one IP on two computers?

Most of the time they'll bother you and get you to prove it.

Easily done.

sorry for not reading any of the replies but the answer is YES

you can multibox to transfer something really quickly. it was said by multiple admins already.
Yeah, I cant remember the threads but Ive seen multiple admins ok it in the past.
quickly poping your ship that holds your hit out to swap stuff is fine, as there is no abuse.

Using it for anything else, especily when you make cash off of it, tends to be considerd abuse.
Pages: 1 2