Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Head Start RP Discovery Server - NA Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Finally a North American Discovery RP Server! It's here:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IP: 70.247.74.199
Mod version: 4.83
Current geo location: Central Arkansas, USA
Administrators: Tucker, Hendrix
Server owner is Chris.

24/7 RP Discovery Server with a twist - Everyone gets $100mill
credits and a completely neutral reputation to begin. Players are
encouraged to find their place in the galaxy and get their respective
ID's when they get established.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We will abide by the usual rules set forth for RP servers by the creators of this mod with an exception. Since all new players start out with $100mill credits (level 69), all players are encouraged to find their place/role in the galaxy and get the appropriate ID as soon as you get established. Most all of us here are in the western hemisphere and are here for some good Freelancer RP, so it's in the community's best interest for all of us to get established. We'll still be enforcing all the other RP related rules already established.

I'm open to any and all suggestions from the members of our community as to how to make these rules and setup work better for us all. For everyone's information, I decided to create this type of server with the idea of cutting out most all the initial grinding involved in finding our place in the galaxy. Now $100mill certainly helps us all alot in getting established, but it's not so much that you can't easily squander it. So keep this in mind when getting your new characters setup. There won't be any replacement of the startup funds and I won't tolerate begging and whining. We can continue to discuss matters such as name changes and titles when the community begins to establish our various factions and groups, which I know we will do.

The primary idea here is for everyone to be able to dive right into this mod and universe and begin roleplaying and having fun right away! So let's do that and make this a great place for us all to come together. For more information, I have finally established a set of forums for our community. Go to http://discovery.argamers.com to join the community and get involved in this great experiment.
100mil, isnt that... a bit much?
most of the people would run off to get gunboats and cruisers and make those pwonage ships oudda them,
30,50mil would do imo.

ex
Oke its better you give Starting creds to someone that wants to create an faction or clan on your server

But giving starting credits right away wen somebody create an charr's that is very atractive for abusing it
5 chars= 500mil = EVERYONE HAS BATTLESHIPS, just like disco server, hey wait a minute....
Dont give that much.

@ intoxication.
its best not to do it for clans either, else they allsow go cap spawnish! and imo, a clan has to be build from scratch.
with hard work and devotion. not admin intervention.
O.o 100mill, sounds interesting
100mill start sounds intresting, i like the idea of gettings all the setup out of the way first. Although the server apears to be down atm.
Doesnt annyone agree with me that 100mil is 2 much <.<?
I agree with Exile.

If you want a headstart just to test out the diversities of the game, well, Single Player it then.

But I've only been here for a short while and already gained alot of respect from pilot's who's flying around in Battleships (not even mentioning the factions). It took alot of hard work and patience and Lord knows what else to get there, thus must be respected.

Now every goon who's mommy bought him Freelancer for his birthday can become an instant Battlecruise captain...:dry:

The hole point to Freelancer, I feel, is to explore and fight your way to the top. That's how true respect is earned...:cool:
Agreed.

Battleships >>>>>>>SHOULD<<<<<<<< be a trophy, of hours of trade and experience with other ships and people, to show that you know how to RP ( although most of the new guys fail that point ), not like;

here's 100mil, have fun
WOW NOW I CAN PWN EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!111 ( yes i dont know 1337, this is the closest i can get:laugh:)
it will turn into a pvp whore system, much like Nightstalker these days, easy money means bigger ships for new guys without proper RP in their blood on an RP serv.

i dont belive what i yust said makes much sence, but what the heck;)

Ex
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5