Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Kusari Explorer doesnt need a nerf
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Seriously, it spams full Solaris without any haste D:

I have been shredded twice today. I think it doesnt even have a rightous drain and you just see yellow shots all over the place D:
first i thought it was Flood... then i realized it was the balance section - so i guess, you re actually serious about it.

the kusari explorer is a "heavy" gunboat. - it is very large, behaves like a drunken whale and compensates for it by having a decent powercore and an average number of turrets.

balancewise, its placed somewhere at the very low end of gunboats.

from my experience flying it on the test server - it does certainly not need a nerf in any department.

if you got shot down too much by it - you might like to either avoid it - or try to exploit its weaknesses a little more. ( like its very slow turning - or the blind spots in its firing arc ) - of course, you need to know about those weaknesses and not rush into a fight.

edit:

to elaborate the claims...

- its slower turning than the kusari destroyer
- it has a 600.000 powercore ( typical powercore for the large gunboats )
- sizewise its almost as large as the zoner GB, which is LARGE
- its firing arcs do have blind spots - find them, use them
- it only has 100k armour, which is kind of low for a gunboat of that size and agility.
Well I was fighting against it twice today. One time in a Bomber, the other time in a Fighter.

The thing keeps shooting Solaris without a real problem. Plus it felt like having the same turning as the Barghest and so I couldnt really go for SNACing it. If I turned towards it, it already turned towards me and shot right into my face. Even with a hell of dodging I couldnt get it down.

Even as I shot down the Shield it was still able to spam Solaris all over the place, and it made me go

[Image: D-.png]

Its worse to fight against Liberty Gunboats, Orcas or BHG Gunships. I can even make more damage to a Cruiser.
hm - the easiest anwer is...

"maybe you were simply facing a better pilot today" ( which very often is the simplest -.. and funnily the true answer to most balance issues )

it has 6 or 7 guns? - cannot remember. - and yes... it can fire an all solaris loadout quite long. - but honestly, what do you expect from a ship that is like twice the size of a rogue gunboat and turns like a zoner destroyer?

its only defense is firepower.

i have just checked the stats, hitbox, mesh etc. again - and no, if there s anything i can see .... its underpowered due to being "generic".

edit:

[Image: HardPointEditor2009-11-2822-37-46-5.png]
[Image: HardPointEditor2009-11-2822-38-23-6.png]

here - you may compare the hitboxes ( rogue gunboat on top, explorer below ) - to see how large it really is - hard to miss with an SN even outside the solaris range.
Maybe I did, but I know that almost every Gunboat turns almost the same as the Barghest. I once even saw the Explorer fighting against a Falcata and the Explorer was clearly winning against it. Well, if you say it is normal, I say it is a hell of a Beast.

Is it Civilian? :laugh:
A gunboat with all Solaris turrets tells me it was built for the sole purpose of demolishing bombers and fighters. So picking a fight with it in a bomber or fighter isn't gonna end well. Even my roguey little gunboat can handle a large number of Solaris turrets on it without being drained too much.

Go shoot at it with a Cerberus+Pulse equipped and grouped gunboat and report back.:)
As someone who has attempted to fly the Kusari Destroyer many, many times, I must say it is utter tripe and you must have found a Heavy GB GOD to be defeated in a Bomber by a Kusari Explorer...

It is larger than the Kusari Destroyer
Turns slower than a Liberty Siege Cruiser
Has less firepower than a Challenger
And is uglier than a Rheinland GB.

Really, it's just a bad day for you. Take a sip of something delicious and walk it off.
The KE needs nerfing?

Never thought I'd hear that. I've used one for over a year now and it's got the maneouvrability of a small moon and it's turret arcs are less then ideal to compensate, not to mention the sheer size of the thing. It's a great RP platform and is even better for what it's name suggests: Exploring. The weapon systems are effective enough to deal with the tough NPCs found out in deep "unexplored" space but aside from that it's really not good for player vs player battles.

I can't see where this thing needs to be bothered in any way, if someone is brave enough and becomes skilled enough to use it as a combat ship, kudos for that player for being willing to do it in a such a ship when there are so many obvius superior ships to chose from.

Did you know that not so long ago a Jinkusu actually dodged one of my SNACs? (Embarrassingly enough there were plenty of witnesses to this amaxing feat) So can I start a thread asking to make that juggy bigger because I think it's too small? Probably not. The KE is already underpowered and from an earlier thread the BHG ID is already restrictive. There's gotta be more reasoning behind big changes then you getting blown up in-game.
Well I just saw the spam of Solrais, and that the thing was pretty much turning the same as the Barghest did. No need to be mean q.q
' Wrote:... that the thing was pretty much turning the same as the Barghest did. ...

Woah, no. That's wrong.

I fly a KE and a Barghest.
Barghest turns faster. Easily.

KE is massive and has the turning of a (Not-Kusari) destroyer.

End story?
Pages: 1 2