Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bounty Hunter Gunship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
After consultation with the BHG, we have come to the conclusion that the bottlenose gunship is too weak for its intended purpose
The 4 forward, 6 back setup it currently has is completely contradictory to the rest of the line, where all fire forwards, less in other directions. That is the primary strength/purpose of hunter ships.
I am suggesting that the 2 rear only turrents are loosened up so that 1 can fire in each red area shown in the pictures below, and 2 of the forward turrents are changed to be front and side only, not rear firing to compensate.

While it is not quite all forward shooting, as it is fairly agile, you could have 5 turrents on the target if they move off to the side or are turning instead of 4. The gunship is specifically designed to combat fighters and bombers, but it struggles against 2 bombers when really it should take 3-4 to take it down.

The red area is where the guns could fire on either side

[Image: screen339.th.jpg]

or this

[Image: screen340.th.jpg]

I am a bit unsure about the concave/convex direction that the turrent would be able to turn in, so i inculded both, its one or the other.

IMO, drop it down to a transport shield instead of a gunboat shield, and let all 6 turrets fire forward, but only 2 or 4 backwards.
' Wrote:IMO, <strike>drop it down to a transport shield instead of a gunboat shield, and</strike> let all 6 turrets fire forward, but only 2 or 4 backwards.

I agree.
' Wrote:I agree.

currently it's too manuverable for that to happen, hence the suggestion for a weakened shield. Afterall, it's only 40k difference in shield strength.
' Wrote:IMO, drop it down to a transport shield instead of a gunboat shield, and let all 6 turrets fire forward, but only 2 or 4 backwards.

I agree. They're too dang maneuverable as it is.
Theres different recharge times on the transport shields. It may only be 40k less, but it has a much higher recharge time I think
Someone may need to post the numbers, times, etc
' Wrote:currently it's too manuverable for that to happen, hence the suggestion for a weakened shield. Afterall, it's only 40k difference in shield strength.

Fair enough. It's just that I could really use that 40k:D
' Wrote:Theres different recharge times on the transport shields. It may only be 40k less, but it has a much higher recharge time I think
Someone may need to post the numbers, times, etc

According to FLStat, every last shield, other than the Transport 50k (9), and Civilian Transport Shield (35k, 6), has an off rebuild time of 12.
This thread is somewhat surprising to me as my experience with that ship has been that it's a total murder wagon.

Might I suggest that you go with your other gunboat if you're looking for a ship that fills the traditional role?

The BH bunship is a hunter killer. Probably not something I would want to take into a group fight nor something I would ever bring out to hunt another gunboat... But for the purpose of tracking down small groups/lone bombers/fighters? Absolutely evil. With the proper setup it works more like a extremely heavy bomber/VHF.

The current vessel fills its mission very well. It's a unique ship and one which really rewards players who have a lot of twitch skill. Players who rely more on spray and pray coupled with vessel endurance to slug their way through battles wont fare very well in it however... Which certainly wont be aided to any degree with a substantial shield nerf.

As the difference between the gunboat and transport shields are extremely vast indeed.
' Wrote:This thread is somewhat surprising to me as my experience with that ship has been that it's a total murder wagon.

Might I suggest that you go with your other gunboat if you're looking for a ship that fills the traditional role?

The BH bunship is a hunter killer. Probably not something I would want to take into a group fight nor something I would ever bring out to hunt another gunboat... But for the purpose of tracking down small groups/lone bombers/fighters? Absolutely evil. With the proper setup it works more like a extremely heavy bomber/VHF.

The current vessel fills its mission very well. It's a unique ship and one which really rewards players who have a lot of twitch skill. Players who rely more on spray and pray coupled with vessel endurance to slug their way through battles wont fare very well in it however... Which certainly wont be aided to any degree with a substantial shield nerf.

As the difference between the gunboat and transport shields are extremely vast indeed.

1 problem with that. against small groups it fails epically. and use it to hunt lone bombers and guess what happens? whining. more whining.

give it some proper firepower and it might actually be able to fufill its purpose as a bomber killer. seeing as 1 snac can take it out if it has a UAU 8.

right now it's very good at running away like a little girl. but when it has to fight, especially against numbers, it's in big, big trouble.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10