Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Modding?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is there any way to make your own ships/weapons, because I'm bored and can't find anything about it
If you want you can help me and Angel make new systems with Freelancer Explorer. BTW which Tang are you?
I'm D

anyways, I already have a basic idea on systems, is there any way to make ships/weapons?

And do I want to help...uhhhhhh wait on that
I'l help with nsome things if you want.

I have Freelacer Explorer...

Is that enough to do it or not i'm not sure. Finally I worked out how to build jump gate/holes yesterday. :)
Hello,

I would quite like to try my hand at ship design and maybe if they're good enough, send them off for evaluation. if anyone can send any advice or software my way, id be very greatful.
Topic moved to the developers forums. This is the right place for it.
Okay.. Uh..

Ship modeling isn't exaclty a easy thing to do, but you can do some google searching for the following software:

Gmax

Milkshake 3D

HardCMP

GMax and Milkshake3d are the two 3D programs used to develop the ships for Freelancer. hardCMP is for the hardpoint making.

There's a how-to on TLR on how to make ships... It's pretty comprehensive, but a bit vague IMHO.
Dab,Nov 9 2005, 05:59 PM Wrote:If you want you can help me and Angel make new systems with Freelancer Explorer. BTW which Tang are you?
[snapback]4862[/snapback]
BTW Dab, could you post some screenies of the systems you are making? like Sam did... I guess that many people here would like to take a look at those systems...
I'll have some for you after next weekend. My systems won't be in the mod until 4.80. But I will have alot of systems. My total number I'll be making will be over 10.
I don't think we need that many systems. A good 5-10 TOTAL extra systems is plenty.
Pages: 1 2 3