Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Data expunged
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
EXPUNGED
Since you already decided on the rough shape, I suggest that you crunch its firepower (I can help :P)
Also, start thinking of an RP story behind it. I'll let you know more of my opinions as you continue working.
Looks familiar. I want to say EVE, but I'm not so sure. EDIT- I don't think it's EVE, but even so...
The shape and overall structure reminds me greatly of some Sci-Fi thing, but I can't for the life of me remember what...

Looks nice, but I just can't offer anything else constructive with that on my mind:P
' Wrote:Looks familiar. I want to say EVE, but I'm not so sure.
The shape and overall structure reminds me greatly of some Sci-Fi thing, but I can't for the life of me remember what...

How about the Charon from EVE?

I made a basic model of it in Sketchup, but after that, the similarities end.

http://www.ravestats.com/public/fen/cald...aron-3.jpg

Edit: FYI, that means it isn't an import.
' Wrote:Since you already decided on the rough shape, I suggest that you crunch its firepower
Not really necessary cos if it's gonna be anywhere as unmovable as the original barge then its as good as dead meat in terms of combat.

Hightened firepower seems necessary for an asteroid miner.
' Wrote:How about the Charon from EVE?

I made a basic model of it in Sketchup, but after that, the similarities end.

http://www.ravestats.com/public/fen/cald...aron-3.jpg

Edit: FYI, that means it isn't an import.

Ahh, maybe, it does look similar, but I don't think that's what I was thinking of:D

Maybe it accidentally bears some resemblance to something I saw a while ago, but no matter.
I think it looks good so far, and don't worry, I know an import when I see one, and I'm even OK with imports as long as they fit the RP and style they are intended for.

Keep up the good work.
I assumed you could tell Ghh, but alot of people would cry "lol! import!" at any chance they can:D
Sixteen transport turrets, 8 on top and on bottom. Arranged in columns of six stretching the length of the vessel.

My suggestion, anyway.
Looks like an aircraft carrier.

Also, notice how the mining ship has massive intake ducts on the front of it, to collect the broken pieces of asteroid, maybe this should have something similar.

Or maybe add an onboard refinary, a bit like the current barge, what with the chimneys and such.

Just to make it look more like a mining ship and less like a space-bourne super-carrier.
It looks a bit lacking in detail when you view it from the front. I like the exhausts and all that magguffin in the back though. Another thing I'd suggest is since you already divided the ship into sections you should flesh that out a little bit more, make them more distinct.
Pages: 1 2 3 4