Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: gaian assault VHF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
since i m already working on ( possible ) ships for 4.86 - here is a concept for a gaian based VHF that is meant to attack transports and heavy freighters ( since originally - they only really have access to the eagle line, which - while being sufficient - is still a bit boring )

[Image: gaianassaultfighter.png]
the ship is meant to be based on the claymore shape with a massive "nose" and a cockpit that is situated in the middle of the hull ( instead of the front like other bretonian ships )

uncharacteristicly - it has one single engine at the very front and massive vertical fins. similar to the gunships flowing "bands" - the fighter features smilar ornaments that form the bretonian "forked tail" ( the only bretonian element in the ship )

this ship is meant to be a "next generation" ship - with very smooth lines and a "single-hull-body" - instead of the modular build of many freelancer ships. its meant to look quite complex - and as a lore, i d expect it to be rather rare ( but since it gaian - there doesn t need to be a rule - gaians are always rare .. )
Make it shoot a Supernova?

I want a Gaian bomber in this sort of winnage.
It brings me feelings it could be much bigger then just a VHF.
I love this ship. Very nice Jinx.
comparing the cockpit size - the ship would be roughly the length of a sabre - not as wide, but taller...
It looks like a combo between a Starblazer, Geb, Manta and Hussar, with a classic Jinx dong profile.

Okay.. I appreciate the effort you're putting into these ships, but weren't you saying that people should replace imports instead of adding new models (not even for .86). I mean sure, I bet the Gaians need that ship so badly, but you seem to be contradicting yourself.
The curves are good. They make it look more natural which suits the gaians.

Is there an engine at the back? If so could you make it more...pronounced?

Beautiful model regardless- nice work Jinx.
:)

I'll be eagerly awaiting the results of this hoping it will be positive. I've always flown a civ bomber for my Gaian since two summers ago but I'll defenitely enjoy seeing my wingmates in something more personal to the Gaians.
there is no engine in the back - and ...

:

such a model would indeed replace one of the homeworld ships. - replacing doesn t mean that it would take its place in terms of the lore. - it would take its "slot" - so the community would loose a generic homeworld design, and the gaians gain a factionized ship. everyone is happy - especially the gaians.
Well, good to know Jinx, thanks for clearing that up.
Pages: 1 2 3 4