Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Blood Dragon "Daito" Laser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Laser weapon infocard Wrote:Laser guns are the most common weapons used in space, requiring little technical expertise to maintain. They are generally middle-ranged, dealing medium to low damage, but are energy efficient and sport a high refire rate. They are most effective against positron shields, and least effective against graviton shields.

There ain't no energy efficiency about the Daito cannon. They sport less DPS and more energy usage than Disinfector 3's, enough so that I can fire four Disinfector 3's for what feels like 1.5x as long as I can fire four Daitos. I'd like to see a little less energy used per shot so I can actually use weapons designed by the Blood Dragons.

Oh, and I personally think the flat red bolt of the Daito is a little dull. Maybe make it a little more Vengeance-like, but red? Anyone else think so? The Disinfector effect is godlike in comparison.

Cheers,
--Troy
Daitos are great, just have to avoid the urge to mount too many of them. I have 4 on the BD and they work great. Yes they have low efficency cause they are 750 m/s/8.33/high damage => gun that you can't shieldrun from.

' Wrote:They sport less DPS and more energy usage than Disinfector 3's, enough so that I can fire four Disinfector 3's for what feels like 1.5x as long as I can fire four Daitos.

Well off course.. disinfector is 600m/s and 550m range guns, very different to hit with that Daitos.

The Blood color was requested by official Blood Dragon faction for 4.85.
The infocard is misleading, I think. If you look at a single shot from a laser weapon, 70 energy is incredibly efficient compared with harder hitting weapons. But the infocard also says the weapons have a high re-fire rate which is where the feeling of high energy-drain comes from. Having used primarily Sammaels for much of my time here I know what they're like, it seems like your ship constantly has no energy. (Sammaels even drained the Greyhound's old Templar power-plant very quickly) Remember that Graviton shields resist laser weapons, and with the low damage per shot of 8.33 weapons you need to be hitting more often than missing, if your accuracy isn't all that great or you lag a lot like me then a lot of your energy is going to be wasted on dead space while your opponents shield takes the time to recover, which gives the feeling that your weapons are draining more energy than their damage output counter-balances.

' Wrote:Skyblast B 226 damage, power 63 per shot = 1882 damage per second, 521 energy per second = 3.59 eff
Daito 242 damage, power 70 per shot = 2015 damage per second, 583 energy per second = 3.46 eff
Sammael 265 damage, power 72 per shot = 2207 damage per second, 599 energy per second = 3.68 eff
Taken from the Skyblast thread.
Daitos are quite good, although one must remember that 6 Daitos on a Katana is not good, unless you use a razor.

Those things just can't take down shields well, I find that 2 disinfectors and 4 Daitos + a razor work well. Although, the bd don't use shieldbusters much, use them as you please.
4 Daitos, 1 Imp. Debilitator, Cannonball, and plan for a long fight, your lazorz does not do a lot of damage but they are intimidating and hit a lot.

Just dont get hit yourself, somehow the BD got slower last update.