Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Mollys and Mining
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Ok, so, the Mollys are miners. That's what they are. Their whole existence is based around the fact that they mine the gold of Dublin. But the thing is, they were completely left out of the mining mod. As far as I know, they lack any faction/system mining bonus, and even if they did/do have a bonus, they don't have anywhere to sell their gold ore.

So here's what I propose: Give Mollys a mining bonus, whatever the largest one available to factions is, applied only to gold. Make the Mule/Bactrian a mining ship, give it whatever the standard ship bonus is. Then give the Mollys someplace to sell their gold ore, preferably someplace which all the lawful gold miners won't be able to use. Arranmore would make the most sense, but balancing its nearness to the gold fields would be difficult... Of course, the best fields aren't the ones immediately surrounding Arranmore base. Maybe give them a sell point on that Rogue base in Humboldt, or Invergordon (though that would make it usable by regular miners).

The Mollys need this, they really do.
yea i would like to see Molly miners.. i think it suppose to have some sort of bonus at least. also can be sold on mull base.. its far and annoying enough to reach.
I like this idea. The Molly id/iff should be given a gold bonus equivalent to BMM or IMG. But I don't think the Mule should be made into a mining ship - it's shared with the Rogues and I have a feeling they wouldn't be too thrilled with the idea.

As far as sell points, there's not a whole lot of logical choices, but Belfast Facility and/or Culebra Smelter would be the best option seeing as they're refineries (I think). The profit/time for either of these routes would be less than to Narita, of course, since it's better for mod balance to keep most miners going through core House territory, but it would definitely be a nice option for Mollys (and other unlawfuls) to have.

And this might be a little off topic but I'd like for all of the gold fields in Dublin to be brought up to par. Right now the only viable field is that new one in the northeast corner, and this results in the Mollys, IMG and BMM having to share that little patch of rocks. It comes off as...odd, seeing as each of those factions has its own gold field right nearby that is currently useless. I don't think it would mess up the mining balance to buff all of those fields?
Culebra is in the Junker Guard / Congress space, Mollys would not be allowed in there any more that Junkers would be allowed in the Molly Guard system, Londonderry.

Logical conclusion, give them a bonus by all means, and make the sell point somewhere in Londonderry
' Wrote:Culebra is in the Junker Guard / Congress space, Mollys would not be allowed in there any more that Junkers would be allowed in the Molly Guard system, Londonderry.

Incorrect. Puerto Rico is as much of a fortress as it is a trade hub. Everyone not hostile to us is welcome to come in, so long as they bring their money. Their delicious moneeeeeeeey...
' Wrote:ID and Resource Bonus List:
  • ALG: Scrap Metal
  • BMM: Hydrocarbons, Beryllium, Gold and Niobium.
  • Corsairs: Artifacts
  • Cryer: Alien Organisms.
  • Daumann: Diamonds, Copper and Hydrocarbons
  • Deep Space Engineering: Silver and Copper.
  • Hessians: Diamonds
  • IMG: Gold, Beryllium, Niobium, Silver and Cobalt
  • Junkers: Scrap Metal
  • Kruger: Diamonds, Silver and Cobalt
  • Mollies: Gold
  • Outcasts: Alien Organisms.
  • Xenos: Silver and Copper.

• Miner ID/No IFF: Alien Organisms and Scrap Metal.
Hope it helps.

`Ash
What we really need is a place to sell the gold.
We're not going to go to Narita, given that we don't really like Kusari much.
It's a shame there's a RPed smelter for gold in Londonderry... That would be the logical place for the ore to go, but it's too close. Options would be one of the Hessian bases, I guess. That would strengthen the ties between both of the factions of ex-miners.

Perhaps the Hessian's uncut diamonds could go to the Mollies?
' Wrote:Hope it helps.

`Ash
That's pretty long out of date, I believe.
Mollys mine gold then sell it to some transport, zoner... someone else you like ... junker ... ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10