Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Corsair and Outcast changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
' Wrote:Well outcasts never had an advantage in sabre vs titan, except the krakanes...

well inferno instakills shield and you use the next 12 seconds dodging until you can fire your gun efficiently again.
Mount 3 tizona and 3 salamanca.... it will rape the sabre since titan can take more beating, shoot longer, and is generally annoying as hell to hit. its almost on the brink of cheating to use a titan while being skilled with it...

so new update.... only good for those cool enough to buy an inferno and use it against crusiers and gunboats

Oh mybe its becouse sabre should be flown in diffrent way?

I have both ships. And a lot of expierence in them both. One is 7 kraken + inferno sabre. And other is Titan with two tizzies salies and a razor. And oh they really handles diffrently. While with sabre you keep hit-and-run. With titan you rather go mine-ram somone (one on one) or just use it's wast firepower. And try to keep your enemy in front of you as long as possible. That isn't easy due to slow turn.
Can someone point me in the direction of the conversation/thread where the need for an improvement in the Inferno was discussed please?

Thanking you in anticipation.
On dev forum, which I can't link here.

Anyway the damage got some 9% upgrade.
Colada got some 8% upgrade in efficiency.
' Wrote:Anyway the damage got some 9% upgrade.
Colada got some 8% upgrade in efficiency.

Inferno got a +
Coloda got a + in efficiency. But a - in damage.
' Wrote:Inferno got a +
Coloda got a + in efficiency. But a - in damage.

As I pointed out before, the Inferno change won't have any effect whatsoever on snubship combat. As, correct me if I'm wrong, but you personally have pointed out that the Colada used to be utterly worthless- it certainly seemed to be the prevailing opinion, anyway- and it has now been made more usable. It didn't get a blanket buff, it got a change. To me that sounds like an attempt to make it usable, like the Corsairs requested, without making it broken (worse than if it was unusable- like it was before). If it still needs help to be usable, then I'm sure it will continue being tweaked.

Have you even tried it yet? Or are you just noticing that one particular stat got lowered, and ignoring the (rather substantial) increases in other important stats? Namely the one the Corsairs were requesting a buff in, efficiency.

I'm wondering if you'd be complaining if the Titan got a 5% powerplant nerf but a 50% hull buff. Something tells me "no". Balance isn't linear, as has been pointed out many times... go try it, then see if its as good, better, or worse than before. THEN come back and tell us about it. K?
"Usable" ...

Shouldn't it be "the most advanced" pule cannon corsairs has to offer. Now I rather put loberas instead of Colodas on the titan.

And yes I already tried them. They suck. Powercore goes down to fast without any significant damage output increase.

Inferno become more stronger vs caps. Thats a lot, since sabre had well anti cap capabilities already.
Pages: 1 2 3 4