Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Roc (Civilian) bomber nerfed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is that only me who thinks that Roc is now pointless ship? Roc have low powerplant, Roc have small armor and now you nerfed it, that Roc lost his last good thing: agility. Why to use it anymore? It's slow and weak. Why not use Waran (in Xenos case)? I had Roc because there was still chance to fight with it VHF, now?
Compare the new Roc to:

Upholder, Broadsword, Pytho, GC Bomber and Havoc. those are just about same size (some a bit smaller some a bit bigger, depending on angle).
You'll find that it fits perfectly.

' Wrote:Compare the new Roc to:

Upholder, Broadsword, Pytho, GC Bomber and Havoc. those are just about same size (some a bit smaller some a bit bigger, depending on angle).
You'll find that it fits perfectly.

I'm not talking about size. I'm talking about turning to sides... These bombers are maybe samely "heavy" but they have bigger armor or powerplant.

As a roc whore

That thing needed a nerf for eons now, it was a VHf with a SN and tore through LFs and up.
Besides. Its Civilian ship. It shouldn't be stronger than the rest of the bombers in any way.
' Wrote:Besides. Its Civilian ship. It shouldn't be stronger than the rest of the bombers in any way.

While I dont disagree with this nerf in particular... do you realize how many factions are limited to using this and no other bombers?

A ship should not be better or worse just because it's military or civilian, balancing things in that manner only serves to nerf factions which do not have ships of their own.

Xenos, Unioners, Gaians, Freelancers, Vigilantes, Mercenaries, Bundschuh, LWB, Corporations, and many more are forced to use the roc or other civilian line ships because they have none of their own. What you are saying is that these factions should all be weaker than 'military' factions because of that limitation... unless you want to start modelling faction specific ships for all of these groups, you should probably keep your mouth shut.
' Wrote:I'm not talking about size. I'm talking about turning to sides... These bombers are maybe samely "heavy" but they have bigger armor or powerplant.

I wasn't talking only about size either.

All those listed bombers have exactly same powerplant. About same size and same (small differences) and about same armor (also small differences).

If you do the job of comparing size armor and turning of all like I did, you'll find they are pretty equal.
It's still the same agility as most other bombers. Also, you can still kill VHFs with the current agility, it's just a bit harder. Yes, bombers are no longer do-everything ships.

That's reserved for Recyclers now. :P
' Wrote:While I dont disagree with this nerf in particular... do you realize how many factions are limited to using this and no other bombers?

A ship should not be better or worse just because it's military or civilian, balancing things in that manner only serves to nerf factions which do not have ships of their own.

Xenos, Unioners, Gaians, Freelancers, Vigilantes, Mercenaries, Bundschuh, LWB, Corporations, and many more are forced to use the roc or other civilian line ships because they have none of their own. What you are saying is that these factions should all be weaker than 'military' factions because of that limitation... unless you want to start modelling faction specific ships for all of these groups, you should probably keep your mouth shut.

That's what I wanted to say.
' Wrote:Xenos, Unioners, Gaians, Freelancers, Vigilantes, Mercenaries, Bundschuh, LWB, Corporations, and many more are forced to use the roc or other civilian line ships because they have none of their own. What you are saying is that these factions should all be weaker than 'military' factions because of that limitation.

How is it weaker? Look at the stats. There has been so much "This bomber is better" whining that all light bombers have pretty much the same agility now, with some having slightly better armor because they have slightly bigger models.

The light bomber class has been scaled down across the board. It's not just any one faction's chosen ship.
Pages: 1 2