Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: (Revised) Purple Goddess and Wildfire Chainguns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ORIGINAL POST: I went searching, cuz it's bugged me for awhile that the Bluebell and Echo chainguns have a refire rate of about 16.65, yet as soon as you get to the Wildfire and Purple Goddess chainguns, the refire rate falls to 6.65. At first I thought that someone was up too late programming and had accidentally dropped the "1" off of the front of the infocard. But when I got some to try out, I found out that they were indeed slower.

Personally, I think this is a shame, as the entire chaingun line should theoretically fire faster than any normal guns, such as the Flashpoints that have refires of 8.33. My search blamed the decrease in refire on lag and packet loss due to the extreme number of projectiles involved.

So here's my request, or idea, or plea, or whatever you wish to call it. Can we get the Purple Goddess and Wildfire back up to 16.65, and if not, can we at least have them fire faster than 8.33? Maybe a compromise such as a refire rate of 10.33? And of course, the DPS would have to remain the same and energy consumption tweaked for the change in refire. *shrug*

So I've created a poll just to see where public opinion lies, in the off chance that this change is doable.

What do ya'll think?

UPDATE EDIT: Since the original idea of increasing the refire rate seems impossible, due to lag, I would like to suggest plan B. That the Wildfire and Purple Goddess guns be relabled as "Railguns". Maybe change their refire down to 2.00 and up the DPS on the Wildfire to 1,300 and the Goddess to 1,850. And while I'm making crazy suggestions, I might as well go all the way and suggest that their projectile speed also be bumped up slightly to 720 m/s.

At the very least, it would be nice to relable them as civilian railguns.

Is THIS possible?

Disclaimer: I do not claim to be an expert on the subject of ballancing. These are raw ideas that I'm throwing out to the mob in the hope that somewhere, someone is inspired or refines them.
Higher refires create tremendous lag on the server.
That's the reason they were reduced from 16 initially - you could crash the server if you got enough of these guns firing at once.

The weaker ones were left at the high refire rates because only a few people use them, and even then not for very long.
I don't want more lag, mkay?
It's a shame that they had to crash the server.

can we get them up to 8.33 anyways please?
They have the worse DPS of any Particle gun: Boost DPS first damnit! they do less damage than Liberty Watercannons!
No more purple flashes per second, but give them some punch, they are a bit like shooting pellets...come to think, they sound like a pellet gun as well.

Can we rename them purple airsoft? Or give them just some points of damage more.
If I can get 1932 DPS and 3.7 efficency, I will be happy.
Civilian tech is generally weaker than faction tech when it comes to guns.

It makes up for civilian ships blowing the hell out of superiority fighters produced by military and pirate factions.

How about ballistic chainguns with a 18 refire, with no projectile effects, but also a 2.00 refire "tracer" effect?
Is that even possible?

And I'm not so sure it's a great idea as it's still a big server load and to top that off you'll have random clueless types saying "MY 2.00 REFIRE IS NERFED THERE IS AN ADMIN CONSPIRACY AND I THINK MY FACTION VHF'S TURNRATE GOT SLOWER TOO"
Pages: 1 2