Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A LF's dream
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

For LFs to be a very good weapon of choice against bombers, instead of gunboat spam, maybe allow a gun that is:

4.00 to 5.00 refire

100-150 per shot

a 150 drain

But give it 800-900m range

and a speed of 1000m/s

Would this solve some gunboat spam? Who knows, just the LF and HF are the least used ships in the game, must have a reason I guess.
' Wrote:For LFs to be a very good weapon of choice against bombers, instead of gunboat spam, maybe allow a gun that is:

4.00 to 5.00 refire

100-150 per shot

a 150 drain

But give it 800-900m range

and a speed of 1000m/s

Would this solve some gunboat spam? Who knows, just the LF and HF are the least used ships in the game, must have a reason I guess.
Wouldn't VHFs just turn around and use this against LFs?

The bomber guns can be used only on bombers, there should be a way for making these LF only.
' Wrote:The bomber guns can be used only on bombers, there should be a way for making these LF only.
Replacing another weapon class? 4's the most likely.

However, if this is done, I would still like to be able to use normal guns on my LFs instead of being restricted to only these.
' Wrote:Wouldn't VHFs just turn around and use this against LFs?
It's simple enough. Just remove whatever class of gun they are from the ships, same as how Fighters can't use Bomber weapons.

In the ini files it goes kinda like this

Class 10 #3 #4 #5 #6
Class 9 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
Class 8 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
Class 7 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
etc etc

Obviously it looks a little bit more complicated than that. The above is the typical setting of a VHF, four class 10 guns two class 9 guns. If we made class 7 guns LF only for example, it would be as simple as removing class 7 guns from every ship who can't use them.
Looking at the stats I'd use "normal" guns over them anytime.
Guns with 700-750 m/s speed are more than enough on LFs, since those can keep very close to the target at any time.

' Wrote:Who knows, just the LF and HF are the least used ships in the game, must have a reason I guess.

2 reasons

1. cap (or more GB) spam, with 2-3 VHFs it's not problem killing a GB, with 2 LFs it's basically impossible

2. LFs now die to to nukes/mini instantly, while they have no way of killling enemy instantly. In 4.84 when they could kill vanilla VHFs with 1 mine, they were much more used, now they mostly get killed themselves. One interesting idea was to give LFs 2 mine droppers.
' Wrote:Looking at the stats I'd use "normal" guns over them anytime.

Then don't go with the suggested stats? They are a suggestion after all... isn't balancing what you people do?
' Wrote:One interesting idea was to give LFs 2 mine droppers.

One well-timed CD means a 700k profit. I love it.

Not every faction has a 750 ms gun for their lfs.
I think Light fighters are good as they are. Except arrow. On the other hand, I kill only with mines in a LF so I don't know about gun fight.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5