Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Mining 6k from Freital base
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Seems like a great way to never lose a single battle against a pirate. Yields there seem equal to yields around the place. Although there's plenty of things to pirate around, why can't I get my paws on this as well?
Where are the ores sold? Can't you intercept the haulers somewhere?
I admit I haven't seen the mining there myself.
I'm... not quite sure what you're saying. What do you mean by "get your paws on this"? Are you speaking from a miner perspective, or a pirate perspective?
' Wrote:I'm... not quite sure what you're saying. What do you mean by "get your paws on this"? Are you speaking from a miner perspective, or a pirate perspective?

Pirate I'd guess. I believe the complaint is that the mining fields are so close to a base that miners can run and dock before they can be killed, giving them no reason to pay. While the haulers could be intercepted later, the miners are virtually immune to piracy.

The Red Hessian ones, anyway... Freital isn't exactly friendly and protective of Daumann or IMG miners.

Unless you meant Freisdadt, the IMG base in Omega-7. If there are major ore fields that close to a base so neutral, that is a problem. Especially with the layout of the Omegas... intercepting the haulers would be quite difficult unless you camped out in Munich (can't say that's my idea of fun, especially for unlawfuls- and even moreso for Corsairs) and since you can't kill the miners the place would be essentially risk-free.

Care to clarify?
I'm 99% sure he means just that.. Omega 7.
Yeah. Well, the miners I've met have been very nice about it, and not ran for cover straight away. It helped that they were in a dense asteroid place where cobalt ore is dropped, but they didn't make an attempt at scurrying towards the closest mining station.

But of course the opportunists wont be as compliant... but what can be done about that?
Oh, okay, the part about Freital threw me off. I didn't think there was any mining that close to the Hessian base in Dresden...

So fields are too close to bases, you think? I don't know. Some of them are, some of them aren't. From my experience in Omega 7, though, the fields are a bit further than 6K from any bases. I think it's fine as it is, but maybe I'm still not understanding you here.
I haven't noticed any problems.
Well omega 7 has the problem, but I didn't even bother to see who's base is Ferital. So far I've seen rheinland miners mining 6k from it, and just flying to dock to it. they weren't hessian.
I believe I know what he's talking about.
I met miners near Solarius station, they were mining diamonds just near it and promptly docked as soon as they saw me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8