Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Wilde NPCs need to be nerfed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
WTF.

I can understand every other Pirate NPC. But the wild are flipping ridiculous. They still have cds, and their weapons rape. Every other Pirate NPC i have come across are manageable. THE WILDE at the New Berlin Jumphole are B Mother Effing S. Seriously, they cd spam, spawn in groups of 12, and you have no chance. It makes me want to park my geb there, and wtf pwnz them. They don't even have a base near there, which reiterates my point of WTF.

Seriously, can we nerf them?
I think the idea is to make that 'shortcut' as uninviting as possible, afterall, space away from the lanes is supposed to be dangerous. So having WTFPWNZ0Ring NPCs is just making sure that you stick as close to RP as possible (i.e., dying if traveling in far out, mysterious places).

Though, if you really want NPC raep, try trading in Gallia, 'tis hardcore. The Wilde have NOTHING on Brigand bomberswarms chainfiring SNACs and energy cannons.
Park your geb in new berlin and I'll hunt you down with my own.

At any rate... normally I agree that npc's are troublesome and need to be nerfed, but when it comes to phantom, wilde, coalition, and nomad npc's, I think that it should be left as-is. These are the few factions in the game that someone should rightfully be scared of, to both military factions and especially lone traders. These arent mere pirates, they're aliens, big bad green (lazar) aliens that should make you shiver in your little space boots.

I've been nearly torched by them several times with my trade ship, but they havent managed to kill me yet, only beat me up a bit before I can kill them or get away.

Quote:Though, if you really want NPC raep, try trading in Gallia, 'tis hardcore.

And this... *grumbles* - if you think wilde npc's are bad, try bomberswarms that fire snacs like machineguns and have better aim than most ace players.

YOu don't understand. My 100k shield, dropped like...in under 10 seconds, my bats and bots were gone withing 20, and I couldnt thrust/cruise away. dead under 45 secs after droppping out of the JH, and I couldn't redock.

I get the Nomads being rape, I get the Coalition, Phantoms, etc being the way they are. But Most NPC's have a base somewhere near by. THe wilde npc's are entirely overpowered. I mean, witha transport that has no cm's what so ever, 5 cd's from 5 of teh 12 wilde ships, is BS. the fact that I tried to thrust away, and more spawned in front of me was straight ghey.

Either Give our transports CM's again, or Nerf the cd spamming npcs, thats what I say. Every mod update, Transport Captains get effin anal raped, without a reacharound courtesy...seriously.
If you trade on dangerous routes, then you have to pay close attention to your sorrounding field. So you can turn around the ship in the right time so before they get in range to fire their Disruptors. Trading in threatening zones is hardcore - if you don't have the time to change sometimes the course just to evade enemies you better search for another route. Just my opinion.
I do not trading in Nomad territory either. Would be stupid.;)
' Wrote:YOu don't understand. My 100k shield, dropped like...in under 10 seconds, my bats and bots were gone withing 20, and I couldnt thrust/cruise away. dead under 45 secs after droppping out of the JH, and I couldn't redock.

You got it easy, go Gallic corp trading and i garuntee you, you will NEVER get away from a bunch of NPCs, with chainfiring SNACs, you cant thrust 5k before going boom.

Just to re-iterate, you are SUPPOSED to die if traveling away from the beaten path, otherwise, you would see NPCs doing that route all the time.
I understand that...but...ok

I can understand like, A nomad Battleship in Alaska, or A wilde Rape patrol around tekagi's base, which there isnt, I was getting visuals for my Errant Venture RP, and there were literally 0 patrols.

I can even understand uber rape patrols, within 2-3 systems of their base. I don't understand Rape patrols, in the middle of no where, in fighters...RP wise and logically, it makes no sense.

A visual, would be, to have 500 tie fighters sitting around the alderaan debris field, when han solo dropped out of hyperspace, with the closest base being coruscant. ITs stupid.
Curious, what ship do you fly, and what faction does it belong to?

None of the corporations should be using jumpholes - ever. For smugglers and pirates, jump hole use is ok, but you're probably going to deal with stuff like this from time to time.

I fly a slave liner, it cannot dodge, and does not have a countermeasure dropper either - yet I can still handle the wilde npc patrols that appear at the sigma 13 jumphole in new berlin, albeit I do lose my shield once or twice and have to burn through some nanos before I either kill them or get away.

Depending on your ship, you need to either fight immediately, or run the first chance you get. Trying to debate between the two will only get you killed, and some ships can only do one or the other. My slave liner cannot run, because of it's size and slow turning - but it has enough turrets to fight them off to some success. Smaller transports with fewer turrets should forget about fighting and just run for it.

EDIT:

Oh, and dont kid yourself - even with a CM dropper, you wouldnt get away. CM's work a whole 5% of the time now anyways, with the rate that npc's spam cruise disruptors, and the range that they spawn at. Other than for losing damage-dealing missiles in a combat situation, there's really no point to having countermeasures anymore, they havent worked right since 4.84.
Excuse my weird preference, but I think the Wilde ships placed near that Jumphole were a really good choice. Although my smuggler has been a victim of those guys on several occasions, it pretty much limits OORP power trading (driving a huge, lawful-aligned transport into an asteroid field) and a smuggler, you take several risks as it is. I'd personally support placing these guys at other overused shortcuts aswell.
I agree that Das Wilde NPC's needs to spawn in smaller groups...

On Disco UK 24/7 i flew my slave liner. It had a Cau 4 on it at that time....

I never made it to even the bundush base using thruster and whatnot before they had destroyed me and my cargo..... it really didnt matter if i had like 500k armour.... it just melted like ice in sahara......

Really... the current 8-12 groups are too large.... 4-8 AT MOST... their use of nomad and firekiss makes them horribly overpowered
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5