Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Left 4 Dead 2 DLC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There is a planned DLC for L4D2, looks pretty sweet:
Article Link

www.qj.net Wrote:Valve has revealed the first DLC add-on for Left 4 Dead 2 -- a new episode called "The Passing" where the L4D2 gang meet up with four other survivors that you may recognize.

The Passing features a meet-up between the L4D2 cast of Ellis, Coach, Rochelle, and Nick and L4D's Bill, Francis, Zoey and Louis. Players will still be in the role of the L4D2 characters as they meet up with the original game's cast in "a small town in rural Georgia" after the events of the Dead Center campaign.

"The Passing will become the most important campaign in the Left 4 Dead story, as all the Survivors are being called together in one campaign," said Doug Lombardi, Valve's VP of marketing. "It will also be a huge offering of new gameplay content, with something new for every game mode plus a new uncommon common and weaponry."

The DLC will also add a new "uncommon common" infected type and new weapons -- one melee and one firearm. There's also "a new co-operative challenge mode of play." A multiplayer zombie killing spree involving the two goups, maybe? In addition to that new mode, The Passing will be playable in Survival, Versus and Scavenge modes.

Valve hasn't announced pricing details yet, but they do have a target release window: "early spring" for both the PC and Xbox 360 versions.
[Image: Grabbing_Peels_1_by_g00ber97.jpg]

[10:04:08 PM] Alex: ZOMGFG
[10:04:09 PM] Alex: http://kotaku.com/5426167/first-left-4-dea...cis-zoey--louis
[10:05:12 PM] Dave (Akura): Oh sweet jesus
[10:05:15 PM] Dave (Akura): I'm so happy
[10:05:26 PM] Alex: Really?
[10:05:33 PM] Alex: WE GET PEELZ HERE AGIAN!
[10:05:56 PM] Dave (Akura): YUS
[10:06:05 PM] Alex: NOIIICE
[10:07:59 PM] Dave (Akura): OLOL
[10:09:52 PM] Alex: LEL
[10:10:22 PM] Dave (Akura): LELELELELELELE

I approve.
Seriously, has Valve made a Satanic pact or something? The continue to be pure awesome, now if they can just sort out Half Life Episode 3!
Will it be on Steam as well as FailBOX Live? Also, GIVE US HL2 EP3!
It's on 360 and PC yes.

And Episode 3 is taking an awful long time.
Hopefully the new melee weapon will be some sort of mace.

But anyway, glad to hear that a new add-on is coming soon. But making us buy it makes me a sad panda. D:
' Wrote:Seriously, has Valve made a Satanic pact or something? The continue to be pure awesome, now if they can just sort out Half Life Episode 3!
No, they made Steam. Therefore, not win. Stupid steam, I brought the game, let me play it when I want to.
' Wrote:No, they made Steam. Therefore, not win. Stupid steam, I brought the game, let me play it when I want to.

Personally I find EA's similar machination to be an infernal trap compared to Steam.

I've got absolutely nothing to complain about it. It has always worked for me. Haven't it done the same to you?

on topic. Lets see when the prices drop on the L4D2 first. Then I might someday buy the LDC too.
/santa Left 4 Dead 2.
YUS

So that'll be 8 survivors ingame at once?

Wow.

GIVE ME NOW!
Pages: 1 2