Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Engine trails problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all apologies if some sort of topic like this exists, but I couldnt find it. Now to the problem.
Ever since the updates came out, I cant see my engine trails. I have engine trails on transports, but I dont have them on fighters, bombers etc. I see them on other players, on every ship, but not on my own ships. I tried to deactivate, and activate the mod several times, but it just doesn't work.
So, anyone who can help me is welcome. Thank you in advance.
Sounds like you're missing some standard game files. Tried deactivating the mod, uninstalling FL, deleting any folders that remain (microsoft games > Freelancer), then reinstalling FL & Disco?
' Wrote:Sounds like you're missing some standard game files. Tried deactivating the mod, uninstalling FL, deleting any folders that remain (microsoft games > Freelancer), then reinstalling FL & Disco?

Yep, I tried all of that, the problem started happening after the second update. I activate the mod, disco auto updates, and my engine trails dissapear. It didnt bother me much at the start, but now its starting to really piss me off cuz I can see everyones trails but my own.
Got all graphics on maximum?

Does it happen if you tone literally everything down to about half too?

I wouldn't know what changed with update 2 though.
Ye the graphics are on max, I tried to adjust them, I tried everything but still no engine trails...
The updates reset the activation settings that you get when you activate the mod.

This means that it goes to the default setting of not showing your engine trail.

Well. thats what happens with mine anyway.
' Wrote:The updates reset the activation settings that you get when you activate the mod.

This means that it goes to the default setting of not showing your engine trail.

Well. thats what happens with mine anyway.

Then how do I fix it, because its really getting annoying. Not being able to see the trails on your own ship, but see them on everyone else, its really ticking me off.
Possible to post a screenshot of what you can see?
Of course, here are the screenshots...

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2
You have to reactivate the mod. Works for me, normally.

But not for you, hmmm? I'd suggest installing the updates, then not launching FL. You deactivate the reactivate and it works.

Try it.