Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cool Ship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
A custom logo can be done, if I'm right, the same way the colored cargo pods were made. The problem is that you must do it for every single ship on the game. Having 5 different motives for each ship means more than 500 new pieces of equipment. let alone that every single ship must be modified in order to accommodate this new piece of equipment.

On other words, i don't know if its worth the trouble.
Sweet ship. That would be cool to fly.

Though I would not say that it would be an Outcast ship... Not exactly sure where that would fit.
Wow, nice. And yeah, Outcast Bomber would be perfect for it. Someone needs to model it...
I could see it as an outcast ship the first thing that came to mind was the Sabre.
It looks like a perfect fit for an Outcast Bomber.

All the folk who have said, "I wish/hope that someone will model this", if you find yourself with a spare moment or six, run up your favourite modelling program (Start on Milkshape, easy free for a month and cheap to get full) and have a bash, even if it's nothing more than putting the rudimentary shapes together in the cruel form of the ship. Once that's done, grab a few screenshots and put them up. I'll be more than happy to help you complete the model. Texturing and such like can come later, much much later.
No no, Korrd, I don't mean for EVERY ship - just for people that are willing to cough up the creds for a logo or pic that they supply (for custumization purposes) on their own ship.

Maybe if such a service can be made available, I'll be first in line !! :D

You can decide what the price must be for whatever design is requested (but like you said, it must be worth the time spend doing it).
I like that ship!! I will try and start to model it on VB6 or some other program. It'll probably be an bomber or a VHF it should be inbetween both bombers.
I remember vapourlinx saying that we could put an ID hardpoint on ships and then make an image to go with the ID, so that image displays on the surface of ships with the relevant ID.

So we dont need new ship models for this purpose.:D. I think it is in one of the mod issues threads which are pinned.

But yes, that bomber looks like the fighter from a movie called "the last starfighter" which is really old, but still pretty cool. And it does suit the Outcast style alot in my opinion.
i love it, could be a great expansion to the bomber class in the mod. Looks like it would be hard to recreate modeled though, hope someone will try though :D
Adding unique character to one's ship sounds wonderful. I know I would purchase such an ability. It would provide a sense, and vividness, of uniqueness to our characters, which is achieved on forums but could now be expressed and viewed in the game.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5