Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Lane Hackers, Year 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
...hack.initiated...decryption..in..progress...
...The.Lane.Hackers.recognized...uploading data...

Today, as we begin the third year of The Lane Hackers as an official Discovery faction, it is incumbent on me to reflect on the past two years, and the year yet to come.

First, every Lane Hacker owes an immense debt to the early members who set the standards that have become commonplace for every Hacker rising through our ranks: Mjolnir, Virus, dukenukem, eyvind, Robert Fitzgerald, and our first SIC Le Chiffre. Without your contributions, I just can't imagine where we'd be.

Second, to those we've mugged, see you again soon.

Third, to those we haven't mugged, there's still time to reserve an appointment, just contact the reservation deck on Freeport 4.

Fourth, I personally owe an immense debt of gratitude to Phate, who is without question the most notorious pirate on this or perhaps any Freelancer server, and is a Lane Hacker of exceptional skill and dedication. Without his continuing assistance over the past two years this faction would have collapsed under the neglect forced on me by Administrative and Mod Development responsibilities. Thanks, Phate. I'm proud to have you in the faction, and nobody could ask for a better second in command, or a better wingman.

Fifth, without a nemesis the Lane Hackers would be just another pirate group, so a hearty thanks to the IND who have never once (publicly) complained about the exorbitant robberies we commit against them when we catch them. Also, a huge thanks to our arch nemesis, who is the best corporate Hoodlum anyone has ever conceived of. You may also be the only one of the bunch we haven't managed to mug, at least, not that I'm aware of. But there's still time, and if I have to reprogram every trade route in Sirius to run to Freeport 4, we're gonna pry those credits from your old, arthritic fingers if it's the last thing we do.

Sixth, for the rest of you who want to wish us a happy new year, or offer your hulls for target practice, just start humming Magellan to yourself and swing on through and join in the celebrations.

Seventh, for those wishing to complain about past loss of credits to a Lane Hacker :
Love You! See You!

...encryption.in.progress...hack terminated...

Hah hah. Some of the most fun I ever had on this server was working my way up through the LH ranks. Trying to steal five million credits in a dagger... Good fun, good pilots. Good luck on the next year.
The Hackers are nothing if not frustrating for any IND. But we're never lost for entertainment. If it's not a pack of IND scattering to leave each other to the wolves, or us getting cocky thinking Phate is alone, we're constantly surprised. Good luck to you.
I always figured if I joined discovery again, I'd have thrown my lot in with the lane hackers.

Rarely met you, since I'm not around in Liberty much. But my Cryer's run in to one of you, and my junker won a bet with Rudo and used the money to pay Phate to clear a xeno off my back. That was a pretty decent day looking back on it.

But I know a couple of the members mentioned in the first post pretty well via skype, and they're some of the best people we have here.
I've been in the clan for few weeks, and I just enjoyed it !
I may have spend about 350M of pirated cash for the Barge if I'm right, but this clan deserved it !

Many thanks for all the fun I had !
I am... Hesitant to travel to Magellan to join in the celebrations.

Though I assure you that I celebrate with you.

From a distance.
Aye! The hackers are a great lot, I've RPed a bunch with the older ones, during 4.84, but i still see ya guys around. Hopefully you guys will continue the great work!

Although, about Phate... Isn't that char, or should i say, chars... shared? I'd like to talk to someone in further detail about this though.
Oh, you are already that old? Congratulations then, it is always fun to hang around with Phate. I don't know how many of you I actually see in space, because you are all untagged.

The celebrations we had were pretty awesome, Novas and a broken LABC give a shiny Firework. Please keep up that awesome standard, see you (hopefully) again soon.
Jay Simon seems to permanently wander round with a sign saying 'Sherlock Holmes' pinned to his back.
His nemesis 'Moriarty' is never far from ripping him off. You will of course, receive another Christmas
card from my lawyers, fat lot of good it will do as usual.
A grouchy happy hunting to you all ...

' Wrote:The following Lane Hackers have made some special clientele very grumpy.

Svengali, Disco.Volante, Phate, Mr. Sanguinetti, Lost Highway

Do try to make them explode, and if you do so, post here.

Thank you Ladies and Gentlemen.
That's the final straw!
Next time it's gonna be FORTY cans of tuna instead of twenty, and I shall not be denied or dissuaded by the offer of ill-gotten credits!
Hackers, we are now onto War Footing.
Pages: 1 2