Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: FL ACCOUNT IDs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I backed up everything possible, I was sure of it. I had an external hardrive, put my few FL IDs on it.

I got a new PC, and put Windows 7 Ultimate on it, I also lost an old video card that was suspected of overheating issues, I threw it away.

There was a power outage during the transfer... D:

All of my backups... GONE!

I have lost my FL id, geebus.

I have a request for all of my characters. I had two or three accounts I believe.

On my Blood Dragon account I had:

]bd[Chiba.Masato

On my "Other" Account I had:

Ol'Bones - A Hegemon.

Within.The.Jumphole - A Zoner Whale

On my KoSJ Account I had:

[KoSJ|Dead.Man.Walking] - An outcast Sabre

[KoSJ|Jaeriko] - An outcast Falcata

Anyone who knows me, I would like confermation ( Can't Spell correctly today, please excuse that) on this

Equanimitee, Elrainn, Jack Reacher?

Or anyone else, thank you for your time, I'll accept a fine if there is one.

I'll repeat what A & L guy said in a similar thread :

Furthermore, it is your duty to keep your account ID's safe or backupped. Not any of above mentioned people.

Microsoft provided a method to see your account ID, with the standard FL Installation, so it could be noted down before anything bad happened. (Start-All installed programs-Microsoft Games-Freelancer-Examine My Account ID)

Koord provided an even easier method to keep backups of the accounts, in his FLAM tool.

If you so desire not to utilize any of those methods to backup your Account ID, it is equal to driving your car without insurance : It might go well for a long time, but when something bad happens, you are just S.O.L.

A & L Guy

Now to your problem : According to your post you got a new PC, which you installed Seven U and FL on, then used an external harddrive to transfer the accounts.

That statement infers you have an old pc which you used before. If you played FL on that one, with the accounts you have mentioned, you should have the Account ID's there. Go retrieve it from the old PC.

If thats not possible, you are S.O.L.
The last time I lost an account due to re-installation - basically, I made a username with the same name as the one that the account was made from - then freelancer automatically booted with that account on.

Might work?
To give you some idea of the things you can do - since these are, after all, just .ADF files you need ...

I have two totally seperate computers that I have FL installed on,both of which have all of my accounts stored on them and able to be used.

I have all of my ADF files backed up on a memory stick, on an actual CD (stored in an actual safe), my external HDD, and I've e-mailed them to my gmail and yahoo accounts.

I also have 13 active accounts, and while 7 of those are shared accounts with 1 or maybe 2 ships on them at most, the other 6 are either 3, 4, or 5 ships each, totalling several billion credits worth.

As you can see, even with a house fire, I would not lose my ADF files, since there are e-mail back-ups available. Failure on your part to provide reasonable care and caution with your important files is not our problem. Using F6 and exporting your files only takes a few seconds, and can save you tons of grief.