Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: /summon cannon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have lost my account ID... It has one BAF| Character... One HMS- One Shire Transport and One BountyHunter GUnship character. If you can telkl me the ID I would be most thankful.

The names are:

HMS-Bromsgrove-[66th]
BAF|Ens.David.Curtis
Duke.Of.Edinburgh

the Hunter i'm not bothered about...

If you can rechange the codes to move them or something else to fix this issue i will be very very thankful.

-Many thanks

Andrew Web
1)
' Wrote:Incidentally, putting /summon cannon in the title tends to embarrass me and then I tend to avoid the thread. Try /summon Hoodlum. I hear interesting things happen when you do this.
2) Your ID cannot be recovered.

3) The only way to return the characters is to set a code to move them to a new one.

4) It's not the admin team's job to do that.

And that is why you should always have a movechar code set on all your important characters, and a backup of the account IDs.
' Wrote:I have lost my account ID... It has one BAF| Character... One HMS- One Shire Transport and One BountyHunter GUnship character. If you can telkl me the ID I would be most thankful.

-Many thanks

Andrew Web
Cannon is away for the holidays.

Neither he, any of the other admins, me, Microsoft nor Santa Claus can tell you the ID. It is not stored on the server.
And since you didn't bother to say which character names they had, none of the above will be able to even begin to think of possible ways to help you.

Furthermore, it is your duty to keep your account ID's safe or backupped. Not any of the above mentioned people.

Microsoft provided a method to see your account ID, with the standard FL Installation, so it could be noted down before anything bad happened. (Start-All installed programs-Microsoft Games-Freelancer-Examine My Account ID)

Koord provided an even easier method to keep backups of the accounts, in his FLAM tool.

If you so desire not to utilize any of those methods to backup your Account ID, it is equal to driving your car without insurance : It might go well for a long time, but when something bad happens, you are just S.O.L.

A & L Guy
Okay i have added the names if that helps.
The most any admin can do is give all of the characters a /movecharcode and they get tired of doing that for everybody.
Hehe,

I have just finished reformatting my computer thanks to a virus that ate half of my files and I'm in the exact same boat. I can't even remember seeing that account ID thing when I first came online. I've lost 6 characters including a capital armor mk 8. Out of all the things I had that is the most painful...I still had 400 million to pay off that thing. I'd be happy to start with nothing in exchange for having that debt removed but it looks like I just got the nothing end. But then loosing the Barge on Archy's has hurt too, well who cares. We can't do anything about it and it's not like the admin are going to try and help because they're job is to keep things running and punish people, not help the idiots who don't put a backup on their character with a cap 8 armor.

Well I've had my tantrum, I feel just a little bit better
Well, if you send me a PM I will eventually set a /movechar code for you. It might take a week or two to happen but I usually do it - at least once but probably not twice.