Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: a pretty odd resolution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so i got this new machine, a laptop with a numeric keyboard on the side. its fairly wide

im on a 1366x768 resolution atm, which is pretty wide. i suspect that after running freelancer (after i finish with all the elementary crap to make the computer run properly) a signifficant part of he screen will be black .. im not sure yet, but in a case this will occur .. anyone has a similar exeprience and an advice?
' Wrote:so i got this new machine, a laptop with a numeric keyboard on the side. its fairly wide

im on a 1366x768 resolution atm, which is pretty wide. i suspect that after running freelancer (after i finish with all the elementary crap to make the computer run properly) a signifficant part of he screen will be black .. im not sure yet, but in a case this will occur .. anyone has a similar exeprience and an advice?

Just add the -dx parameter to the Freelancer shortcut, after you have activated the Discovery Mod.

That parameter will make FL use the desktop resolution, so you will have glorious widescreen view in game.
You just need to do a "Start new game", then go back to the main menu, upon each start up of Freelancer.

A & L Guy
ah .. thank you!

btw the panorama is pure win!

:P