Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Disabling Global Server List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How does one disable the Global Server List thingymabob? It creates helluva huge screenlags for me, along with a new trouble encountered yesterday, though it may not be related to the server list.

I cannot connect to any server at all. Server select window is indefinitely stuck at the "Connecting to the Global Server...". Nothing happens after that. I tried pinging the Disco main server to check if it's my connection. Nope - it's straight fine.

Halp?
I have the same problem..

A small bump?
instead of selecting the internet option when you enter multiplayer, select LAN, that works for me
%path%\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE

find dsupdate.cfg (should be the "can not read icon" make sure it's not the exe which shows the Freelancer icon). Right click on it and uncheck read-only. Hit Apply.

right click again and open it, select notepad. on the "flargs =" line remove everything but -sdiscogc.game-host.org:2302 (the main disco server, if you want others to appear you'll have to find out what their IP is and put it back into that flargs line.).

Save this file, you might have to go back into the EXE folder and rename the file dsupdate.cfg, because when I edited mine it renamed itself dsupdate which won't work.

Doing this might void your /summon cannon. Use at your own discretion. (by the by, parenthesis are cool).