Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: HF MK IIs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Quote:Heavy Fighters aren't heavy... for example, the Stiletto and the Scimitar.
Scimitar
Guns/turrets: 4/1
Armor: 6700
Cargo: 50
Max bats/bots: 44
Weapons Classes: 8 (2 guns), 9 (2 guns), 5 (1 turret)
Additional Equip: M, CM, CD

Stiletto

Guns/turrets: 6/0
Armor: 4900
Cargo: 45
Max bats/bots: 33
Weapons Classes: 6 (2 guns) 7 (4 guns)
Additional Equip: M, CM, CD/T

And remember that the HF is much less agile than the LF.

So, I propose this: All Vanilla HFs have HF MK IIs made to re-balance them.

Also making a topic for discussion, do not discuss here.

Discuss here.
If we give it mkII that is gonna make the base level for ship armour and agility higher doing really notihng, just making weapon strenghths higher to combat the rising armour and such.

aside from that what is the magic combo that hf require to compete against light, very heavy and super fighters?

light have speed agility, vhf have armour, shf has powerplant and armour.

where do hf fit in?

if anything make svhf->vhf, vhf->hf, hf->fighter, ie generic fighter, and light fighter stays. in both mkI and mkII forms
Well, really what I think it needs is a) more armor and b) higher gun class. a HF would fit in between the others, eg., an HF would have agility in-between LF MKII and VHF, and Guns in between, and Armor in between. However, atm, everything on it is less than both (except the agility, it's a little better than a VHF.)

You don't see what it'll do... 1. not everyone will fly LFs and VHFs. 2. it'll make a balancing point. 3. it'll give us Heavy Fighter pilots something worthwhile to fly.
  1. We won't have everyone flying LF MK IIs and VHFs
  2. We'll have a balance between LFs and VHFs
  3. It'll give those of us who love Heavy Fighters something worthwhile to fly
  4. It shouldn't be too increase - don't want everyone flying one - it should just be enough that it stands a decent chance against other ships.
  5. It's "Magic Combo" would be an in-between. Not anything it's really good at, just it's able to do everything ok.
Think of it in a point system. If the VHF had 4 points in armor, 2 points in agility, 4 points in guns, and 3 points in power, the LF MK II would have 5 point agility, 2 armor, 3 guns, and 3 power. The HF should, imo, have 3 points in everything. less total points than the others, but still able to do everything.
Look at the Crow for an example of a balanced Mk2 HF.

or

The Marauder, formerly Cylon Raider.
' Wrote:Look at the Crow for an example of a balanced Mk2 HF.

Yep.

Adding a poll.... Do HFs need balancing?
ooook..... Here's proof this needs doing. I battled aralie... his VHF with a ton of guards on him, and underequiped with bad armor, guns,shield, and others against my HF with an armor upgrade MK VIII and top-class equip. top it can use.

I was dead in thirty seconds. And I know I'm not that bad, because I'm pretty good in a crow.

Aralie was barely scratched.
What I'd to the heavy fighters...

Normally HFs would be used as all-rounders. The most popular and most-used craft around. Right now, it's the VHFs that fulfill this role (and they shouldn't imo)

FL 1.0 had the division between LFs, HFs and VHFs. In this config, it would be logical, that the LF is a specialized dog-fighting craft. Useless against caps, but deadly against other fighters. HFs would be outmanouvered by the LFs but still have the armor and firepower to hold their own against them. The HF should also have a chance against a capship. The VHF would be something like a WW2 dive-bomber. heavily armored and armed but with a very crappy steering. Something specialized against thicker tragets like transports and capships. Then - bombers with their touble torpedo slot would be an extension of this craft - being shot down like flies by fighters but dealing heavy damage to capships. For that, I'd even remove their guns in favour of one or two turrets and 1 additional torpedo slot perhaps (please, let the ammo-using torps get back into anti-cap usage)

I know this all sounds like a revolution, but then again, maybe a little breeze is what we need? The remains on the SP campagn and 1.0 in many cases are simply unneeded balast, there are also many fighters not used by anyone, waiting either to get rebalanced, deleted or replaced.
Don't change the HF's agility.. only the armor/guns. please? *puppy eyes*

If you mess with my HF's Agility... *holds up Pudding made of Exile's Unholy Bananas*

What? You didn't think I ATE those things, did you?
Actually Denelo, your test against Aralie cannot be right because he can beat my scimitar...and you know how I fly mate. Aralie is the wrong person to test it on. Their should be a HF class of ships with a balance. Not as much firepower as a VHF but more manuverability. I would love a Stilleto with improvements...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5