Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery 4.78 Status Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
*** Official update on Discovery 4.78 development status ***

I'm very busy these weeks with exams and other real-life issues, so I haven't got time so far to complete the new mod version. However, I did start to update features for 4.78 last weekend. There wasn't much progress, but...

Occasionally I've found two serious bugs in the 4.77 version that might easily be the reason of Discovery server crashes and other server problems, like lag. This means that a new mod version will follow in the nearest future. Please note that this version will not be 4.78, it will have 4.77 version number and will include some 4.78 features. So it's not even 4.78 beta yet, though I am planning to test several new features based on this update. Main purpose of this update is bug fixing.

Actual 4.78 beta with all features will follow until the end of November, I cannot say exactly when. When it's ready.

Make sure that you follow forum and server news and download the update when it's available.
so will we need to download 4.77 again even if we have the older version of it?
i guess it will be "4.77 Update(ed)"
It will be labelled 4.77.2.
Quote:so will we need to download 4.77 again even if we have the older version of it?
Yes. I'm sorry but that's inevitable.
so you will tell us when the update is out?
Met2085,Nov 15 2005, 05:31 PM Wrote:so you will tell us when the update is out?
Yes, of course I will.
When do you want some new systems sent to you?
Dab,Nov 15 2005, 08:24 PM Wrote:When do you want some new systems sent to you?
When they'll be ready. I won't include them right now.
Roger, ill check how mine is going but ill be away for a couple weeks.
NOOOOO!!! :P have fun in italy :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7