Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Death penalty?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks, just discovered this wonderful mod a few days ago. Sorry if my Q was answered somewhere but I couldn't find such a place. So yeh, what is the death penalty online, if any? It's something I'd like to know before I commit myself to an online game, enjoying SP in the meantime.

Also note: SP vanilla campaign seems very unbalanced by this mod. Being asked to fight battleships in an LF with a max weapon class of 5? ...anyways, that's off topic.

Thanks in advance, and great job Igiss!
Sorry Errant, could you please be a little more specific. This 'death penalty' you have mentioned, do you mean
are you capable of being killed at any time in the multiplayer game ?
If so, the answer would be yes. Though the server has some very defined limitations as to where and when this
can be dealt out to you.
Have a read of these and see if there is an answer there.
If not, try to makes your question a little less vague for us, the answer is waiting to be found ...

Hoodlum
I've read those. Sorry if my question was vague, what I meant was what is, if any, the reprimand for dying? Is there a monetary loss? Do you lose your ship? etc.

I gather it isn't the old school "You're dead, your character is deleted", but I'm trying to understand what the reprecussions of dying are.
if you die you loose your cargo, stored weapons, and ammo....and you respawn in the last station or planet you docked.

imagine loosing 4500 of cargo in a large train (if you are close to destiny that can cost you like example prissioners in hamburg 4500*2500=11.250.000 if you bought the prisioners in harris (tau 31) 4500*700=3.150.000 cost of cargo
11.250.000-3.150.000=8100000 the cash you win if you finish the trade route).

thats a lot of money...no?
The repercussions are, you lose the unmounted cargo in your ship, plus all your botts, batts, missiles and
mines. No money on that character is lost, unless you have a credit card loose somewhere. Not recommended
carrying those about anyway.
You then re-spawn on the last place you were docked, with a dent in your pride. That is all. Your roleplay can
cover the rest of the story. Hope that helps ... You get to carry on as before, no one expects you to vanish.

Hoodlum
' Wrote:...no one expects you to vanish.

That's actually what I would've hoped for, if not only applied to me. -Didn't actually expect it though.

I think those kinds of super harsh systems really distinguish the best from the rest + it would fix some of the problems I've been reading about on the forums in the meantime (such as too many folks in cap ships.)

Anyway, I didn't sign up to the forum just to start preaching how *I* think your game server should be. (Also I understand the giant problem with being un-fairly\un-RP killed in such circumstances.) Thanks for the information.

That nuisance called "the real world" beckons me currently, but when I get a chance I'll see y'all in space.
' Wrote:Also note: SP vanilla campaign seems very unbalanced by this mod. Being asked to fight battleships in an LF with a max weapon class of 5? ...anyways, that's off topic.
One more thing.... remember the mod is geared up for multiplayer (or "open singleplayer"), not for the storyline. So yes it is much more difficult.... Although some people like to play the storyline just for the challenge. And some things make it easier (like more bats/bots dropped).

Anyway it's not that bad.... you'll find Juni and your other allies are indestructible. So with those capship missions, just stick her on cruise and try not to get shot, and wait for the others to finish the job.

Yeehar......
Onca! What are you telling the poor boy? Of COURSE you should go for the Capships! Yes, you'll get shot at, but those cruisers seem to find their way to you anyway (and don't even bother running from the Gunboats), but that makes it more interesting! And taking down a Rheinland Battleship in a Crusader? Sublime! Perfecto! Nothing is more satisfying (Except piloting the Rheinland BS [Except in asteroids and Tradelanes]).

Yes, that's what you should do, unless you're an uber pilot (No, I can't claim that, sadly), but suicide is fun, as long as you respawn.
Make your own server, and buy a Battlestar 2. Buy it in Delta, on the Battlestar. It's got a near-infinite power ratio, and is HUGE!!! Bounced all over Sirius...