Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Distress signal activated...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Incoming Transmission
Signal Boost (Y/N)

Transmitting to - Orkney, Tau-23, Tau-31, Tau-29, Tau-37, Languedoc, Leeds
Originating - Orkney, Unknown Sector

Automated Distress beacon activated

This is Lieutenant Commander Austin Goodmen, Alpha 2-2345-45, Bretonian Armed Forces. If anyone is receiving this please send aid. I repeat, please send aid. This is message repeats.
Doing some recon work in Tau 29, the communications officer aboard I.K.S. Gon'Shar picks up the distress signal.

"Commander Korg, listen to this," he says.
They listen, This is Lieutenant Commander Austin Goodmen, Alpha 2-2345-45, Bretonian Armed Forces. If anyone is receiving this please send aid. I repeat, please send aid. This is message repeats.

"Hm..." says the Commander, "try to locate it's source and we will head for it."
"Yes, Sir," the Officer says and begins tracking the signal.
"Interesting..." Lt. Commander Brandon Garrison thought as he was flying a routine patrol in Tau 37. The signal was weak and broken up but thanks to the comms upgrades he had gotten from the Lane Hackers at Mactan, he was just able to piece it together.

"Interesting indeed..." The Outcasts had many enemies in the Tau's. IMG, the Colonial Republic, occasional KNF vessels; if one of them were responsible for the BAF pilot's problems it could only help the Commonwealth to rescue him. A little goodwill could go a long way. Besides, it was just the neighborly thing to do. And if a rogue Outcast had gotten him....well, dead men tell no tales. It was important that the Outcasts find this pilot first.

"Garrison to Malta Control. Contact MIS and have them dispatch an ELINT vessel to patrol the Tau's to look for a wayward Bretonian. Target is a BAF pilot, a Lt. Comm. Goodmen. Have them start in Orkney, the signal appears to originate from there. Coordinate with Kirkwall. And contact Administrator Jameson. He needs to know about this. Garrison out."

Brandon turned his craft back towards Alpha, thinking to himself. "I wonder if the Gallics could be responsible for this. If they are starting to push out of their systems we could use the Bretonians' help to help contain them. Besides, Orkney is THEIR system."

Grinning to himself, Brandon continued home to report and coordinate efforts.
Fleet Admiral Nelson looked up from the report just delivered by an officer from the QCHQ communications centre.

"Sir, our listening post in Tau 23 picked up the transmission around 0930 hours this morning. The comm signature has been authenticated."

Nelson frowned,

"God knows what he was doing in Orkney at the time, but very well. Dispatch a wing of strike craft from the MacDuff 2nd Battlefleet in Tau 23. Run a search formation across the system until they locate him. No doubt the Kusari will have picked up the transmission as well and if that officer gets himself captured one more time then my god I'll have his stripes! Relay the orders via Harris immediately and instruct Commodore Hughes to report back to me as soon as they have news."

"Aye aye Admiral!"
the young officer saluted and marched briskly from the office. The seach force would be dispatched within the hour...
[Image: Timothy_Duke.jpg]
[font=Verdana]
Hum... Operations, replay that message again...

' Wrote:This is Lieutenant Commander Austin Goodmen, Alpha 2-2345-45, Bretonian Armed Forces. If anyone is receiving this please send aid. I repeat, please send aid.

[color=#CCCCCC]*Timothy Duke slighty tugs at the end of his beard lost in thought*

Very well, XO contact the NastyKitty and ask my niece to head on over to Orkney to have a look in our stead, as we have to keep an eye out for those two pirate Tridentes that we have chased of the Freeport yesterday.
*Beep* *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

"Wuh?"

Lieutenant Vayrn Wyard of the Neo-Terran Front rolled slowly out of his bunk, and stumbled across the short distance between the habitation and cockpit sections of his ship. The Talon was a small ship, and room was limited, so both the living quarters and the controls were in the same compartment, with only a small bulkhead between them.
There wasn't much urgency in his actions, as he recognized the tone that had woken him up as the comm system's alert. If it'd been the proximity alarm, it would have been more along the lines of blaring klaxons.

Glancing out the windows at the slowly drifting asteroids in the Oxygen field of Tau-29, on one of which his Talon was anchored, Vayrn flicked on the comms, glancing over the newest message.

"Huh.. That's... interesting. Command will want to hear about this."

Dropping down into his seat, he opened up a new comm message and began to type.

***INCOMING TRANSMISSION***

[color=#FFFFFF]Priority: High
Encryption: High
Destination: Executive Commander Enrico Rossini, Boadicea (Junction) Station, Kansas
Source: Lieutenant Vayrn Wyard, Long Range Recon Patrol, unspecified location, Tau-29
Subject: Picked up this transmission

Sir.

I just picked up the following transmission. It appears to have originated somewhere in the Orkney system; no idea where exactly, though.

' Wrote:
Incoming Transmission
Signal Boost (Y/N)

Transmitting to - Orkney, Tau-23, Tau-31, Tau-29, Tau-37, Languedoc, Leeds
Originating - Orkney, Unknown Sector

Automated Distress beacon activated

This is Lieutenant Commander Austin Goodmen, Alpha 2-2345-45, Bretonian Armed Forces. If anyone is receiving this please send aid. I repeat, please send aid. This is message repeats.

Sir, if you don't mind me saying, this might just be the opportunity we need to convince the Bretonians we're not pirates or criminals. With your permission, I'd like to remain in the area; see if I can't triangulate the signal.

Lieutenant Wyard out.
Countess Lafiel Tarrant checked her scanners and coms system. She gentlely pressed the button to silence the frequency to ensign Bridge fighter he had pleaded for her to stop and return to leeds and so had the commander he had managed to rouse or more precisely he had tried to order her turn around. It wasn't happening this day she took the attitude to silence incoming calls from the armed forces at leeds albeit she would monitor the general frequences in case something interesting was heard as well as those pertaining to the government. This wasn't a time for orders over protective fathers she might have hesitated if Lord Nelson had spoken to her or Lord Canning there was just something about the two of them they had that what was it charisma feeling authority it was like her father maybe it was just something all members of the nobility had like an aura but neither of these men were present she would not turn back not now.

She was frantically worried something was wrong with goodmen it ran thick within her panic worry.... he he seemed how to put it suicidal reckless no blind... lost somewere between these. The two kusari patrols had attacked her and she had been terrified but she was determined and kept going. She arrived in Orkney many hours after Bridge had pulled back.

She punched in the buttons for the common frequency

"Goodmen!..." she yelled into the coms there was no response

"Goodmen!" Lafiel Sighed she could feel emotions welling up in her

"Goodmen! Where are you!" she yelled this for the third time but with success

"Why are you here Lafiel ?" Goodmen responded

"Goodmen your ok Where are you tell me what's your location please?" Lafiel fought to keep her voice steady but knew she must she didn't know how unpredictable Goodmen was he could hurt himself.

"How did you get here?" Goodmen continued the questions

"I managed to give ensign bridge and the armed forces the slip. I'm here because I don't want you to kill yourself and throw away your life or get hurt." Lafiel was interrupted momentarily by an extremely loud yawn over the comm channel "I'm here... because I... Love you... your like family. Now please tell me your location." Lafiel spoke clearly even if she paused for a moment when her throat had tightened a little.

Goodmen responded firmly, "No I won't! Even if I wanted to my ships long range communcications and sensors are down and my nav computer."

Goodmen informed her, "I also informed Ensign bridge of your location you haven't given them the slip he's coming for you."

"Please tell me were you are Goodmen Please... activate your distress I don't know what is going through your head but it doesn't matter it all doesn't matter what ever it is it isn't that bad it can all be fixed its not worth your life. It will all be ok."

Goodmen was silent for over five minutes Lafiel started to panic she felt the tears begin to form and trickle down her face as she scanned the system grid by grid.

Lafiel felt her chest tighten, "Come on Goodmen keep talking to me... let me hear your voice. Please just hit the blue button next to your com panel activate your distress signal."

Goodmen replied again firmly, "No I don't think I will."

"Please goodmen I beg of you on my hands and knees beg of you.. Don't do it all life is precious no matter what form it takes from From the Queen to the common beggar on the street, the alien nomad or Mr. Kithe all Human and non human alike is precious.... There is nothing in the universe or world that can justify the taking away of a life no matter what that person has done no religion no politics no revenge no action can justify the taking away of a precious life please don't throw away your life don't commit suicide please please I beg of you."

Goodmen responded, "Nice speech. I'm feeling tired its seems to have put me to sleep." He made an extreme effort to show he was yawning over the coms and what he thought of the speech.

Lafiel had entered an asteroid field and began to cry her heart out. Tears blurred her vision and she suddenly crashed into an asteroid her ship ricocheting off many asteroids she managed to level out again and move her paladin out of the field.

She let out a sob through her tears, "You've been my guardian... you've protected me you saved me from that gaian who took me hostage... You saved me from so many people... No matter the trouble to which I normally land myself in you saved me and helped me. Please let me help you please I beg it doesn't matter it doesn't matter please let me help you what ever is going through your mind it doesn't matter." Lafiel words distorted through heart felt sobs.

Goodmen let out another yawn.

Goodmen spoke, "Your a very annoying little brat... Princess"

Goodmen yawned again.

Lafiel Noticed ensign bridge enter the system but ignored him leaving him to play cat an mouse with ghosts searching for her and goodmen though she unblocked his coms in case he found him.

Goodmen spoke again after another 5 minute gap, "You know I might press it.." Lafiel broke into more tears and screamed as she realised that he had probably got a mox armament onboard, "Goodmen PLEASE DON'T DO IT!!! PLEASE I BEG OF YOUR DON'T DO IT!"

Goodmen replied, "Do what press the distress signal button?"

Lafiel's heart leaped, "Oh thank god I thought you were going to blow up a mox nuclear bomb and kill yourself."

Goodmen scolded Lafiel, "Don't be stupid if I wanted to blow myself up with a mox bomb I would have done it back in New London."

Lafiel responded, "Thank god...just please keep talking to I want to hear your voice... Please activate the distress signal please I love you..."

Goodmen yawned, "Yes you told me that already and that you love me like family."

Bridge hailed lafiel, "Countess please return with me I haven't found goodmen but I want you to go to come to leeds." Lafiel responded sharply through her tears, "I am not leaving till I've found goodmen even if it means searching this system grid by grid!" Lafiel shut off the channel and silenced bridges frequency and watched as he lefted towards the jump hole in the direction of leeds.

Goodmen yawning even more loudly, "I feel cold and tired."

Lafiel begged him, "Come on please keep talking to me please keep talking just let me hear your voice an that your ok."

Goodmen stopped replying and as time went by tears renewed tilll suddenly a distress signal popped up on her com frequency.

Automated distress beacon, "This is Lieutenant Commander Austin Goodmen, Alpha 2-2345-45, Bretonian Armed Forces. If anyone is receiving this please send aid. I repeat, please send aid." message repeats itself.

Lafiel almost leapt with delight as she heard it and began trying to locate the source. She sighed I'll find you soon gramps...
Serena watched closely at the computer triangulating the signal. She smiled, and leant back in the command chair. How she would enjoy this.

Deciding to taunt the prey, she started the holotransmitter.

[Comm ID: Serena Kithe]
[Location: Battecruiser Vengeance]
[[Image: 940full-olivia-wilde.jpg]]

Ah... the man responsible for badly damaging my husbands ship, and almost killing me... well, one of the men responsible anyway.

I shall enjoy playing with you... Austin, don't worry, you won't be stuck in that ship for long... soon you shall feel the loving embrace of me, and soon after, the loving caress of death...

Do you enjoy the feeling of being so helpless... Austin? Do you feel like the slightest thing could harm you, hurt you? It shall be the last feeling you ever feel...

See you soon...

[Transmission ends]

Every time she had said his name, she had whispered it, and everyone who heard it shivered.
Aboard Oliver Goodman's Bounty Hunter Gunboat-

Rose: Sir, we've picked up a distres signal.

Goodman: Play it Rose.

Automated distress beacon: "This is Lieutenant Commander Austin Goodmen, Alpha 2-2345-45, Bretonian Armed Forces. If anyone is receiving this please send aid. I repeat, please send aid." message repeats itself.

Goodman: Austin, Austin Goodmen!? Alright Johnson, set a course for the Taus, that's where we'll find the Orkney hole, and Goodmen too.

Johnson: Aye captain, setting course, entering cruise speed.

Goodman: I'm coming for you Austin, don't worry. Rose, send a message back to where the previous message originated from, say we'll be coming for him.

Rose: Captain, message sent.

Goodman: Good work Rose.

He woke up to the sound of alarms as smacked his head on the low hanging ceiling of the fighter he had been living in for the past week. "High Priority Distress call detected." Rubbing his right eye he'd walk into the cockpit and play back the distress beacon.

Quote:Automated Distress beacon activated

He'd talk to his self as he moved his jaw around trying to wake up. "He still owes me a rematch." He'd yawn as he starts to activate the engines of the Templar fighter, almost hitting a building on Leeds. hitting a few buttons he would flag the distress beacon and sending it to unknown contacts in the
Orkney and Languedoc systems
Pages: 1 2