Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Greetings Infocard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello there, freelancers, hirelings and corporation dogs!

I've recently found this wonderful server, and my characters (currently two) have already served a 2-day sentense in this universe!

I have played multiplayer about two years ago but for a very short period, thus I am not a total nobbish freak, but I still do stupid and unreasonable things because of the lack of experience.

I'm greatly enjoying the community and the world of Discovery! I'm happy to be with you guys.

I've found my way into the game already, my first character spent about 6 or 7 hours and now I am flying a Sabre (I tried Falcata but didn't like it) in the Malta waters.

My second character is a bit less successful. I've managed to earn to buy a mining ship in another 8-10 hours, but I've lost 2 full cargos (to piracy and wrong autopilot:)) which is about 90 millions :wacko: lost in 4 hours. It was a fun experience.

All in all, I am happy to stay here, and let your routes be safe!;)
Watch out for that autopilot, it was programed by an angry underpaid ferret and will try and cause you harm every chance it gets.

Welcome to Discovery though, enjoy your time here, peruse the sanctions section to get a better understanding of the rules.

Form your character, stay in that mindset, and you'll be fine.

Enjoy!
Welcome to Disco!:yahoo:

Naughty autopillock.
Thank you very much! Now when the money and ships is not a problem at all, my next goal is to find a community to hang with. By community I don't mean commies (:D), but even SCRA would fit if I could find good wingmen.

Teamplay is something that I look for in multiplayer games, it makes the experience much funnier.

P.S. yeah that was funny, with the AP. I tried to dodge possible piracy in Munich system, used a jumphole, set a point on that gold-buying station, and the autopilot flew directly into the sun while I was making myself tea:P.
Well, everyone in the SCRA is good, it's quite the selective faction.
I was going to join it, because russian names warm my heart since I'm from Russian Federation. You know, the feeling of safety and "home" you get from something common and native. But it looks like NPC faction is not joinable and SCRA has no recruitment right now.

But there're a lot of cool factions out there, so I don't despair. I like most of them, they have a nice flavor and ability to introduce proper roleplay and shooting experience;).

And honestly, I was surprized to see russian names and "coalition" in Freelancer universe, it's the last thing I expected to see here.
The SCRA didn't have an open recruitment when I joined either.
I'd advise hanging around for a while, work on polishing your roleplay - that's what matters in the SCRA - and then, when the recruitment opens up again, you'll be ready to jump in and secure a position for yourself.
Yeah, such "hardcore" factions are not the best primary choice. I'd better stick around for a while, get to know the relation between factions etc. before I attempt something "drastic".
Welcome! And believe me Planet-Dives arent healthy...
Best of luck to you sir.You seem to be on the right way to become a very valuable member of this community considering your motivation, state of mind and general coolness.
If you have any questions about disco, feel free to ask !
Pages: 1 2