Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Clarification please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:5.4 Intentional ramming of capital ships (gunboat-class or larger) by fighters and other capital ships is not allowed in PvP combat, as well as in any other situations.

Well it pretty says everything..

But what if XX.Trader wants to dock XX.Station.. and XX.Pirate keeps ramming him away from it.
One pirate.. done that to me twice. I managed to escape both times by docking.. but then again.. he both times rammed me 180 degrees .. so it took time to turn around. Both times its done in Omegas..

First time at Freeport .. i moved to docking port .. for fast docking and waited to see what pirate wants..
I waited there for offer but he kept ramming me.. when he rammed me a bit away famous 2mil tax! and i docked.

Other time .. Dauman base in Omega 7 .. same guy.. same char.. i was at docking port prepared to fast dock and waiting his demand.. again same 2mil tax! but again before that he kept ramming me away. I docked again but still want to know..

Intentional ramming of pirates (Gunboat>Adv.Train) to stop traders docking allowed or not?

Edit: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=55804

I know .. doesn't apply for transports.. but really? It wasn't PvP .. but you cant fly straight .. and if it was PvP i wouldn't be able to move at all.
I think that you should have reported his actions for abusing the bug in the game (since, if he actually rammed you he'ld lose shield / hull whatever)
Gunboat shields pretty much stay intact.. even station was firing on him.. yeah some damage with pulse.. he lost shields but hull .. nothing.. little damage.. station was weak. But thats not the point..

Ramming someone and turning him around..
Adv.Train takes time to turn back to normal position and he bumps me in second around.
At this particular juncture in the space-time continuim ....

Pirates can ram your transport or freighter out of trade lanes, away from the dock at stations, and pretty much run over you like a steam roller if they want to.

As you noted in your first post: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=55804 applies.

Your ship is not a capital ship - it's an A-train, and is thus a transport - so I suggest you keep Maaco or some other dent repair facility in mind.

(I presume that this is either after or during some role-playing of a pirating attempt. If he was just being annoying, well, then it's possibly a rule violation. But this is ONE way both lawfuls and criminals can prevent speed docking.)

It was before he made any demand..

I was just "parked" at the mooring part of station. And he was bumping me.. then taking demand.. well, all i heard from guy is..

*missile incoming* *cruise fails*

2mil tax!

Engagin!

Not much.. eh.. never mind .. he cam ram me them.. Can i ram him?
deliberate ramming should be sanctionable, for all big ships, while it does not matter if you ram a gunboat, it quasi nullifies the chances of escape for an ATrain.
Lots of people uses this "bug" to keep you from docking at stations, gates or even lanes.
Ram all or ram nothing, the way its now is garbage.
' Wrote:deliberate ramming should be sanctionable, for all big ships, while it does not matter if you ram a gunboat, it quasi nullifies the chances of escape for an ATrain.
Lots of people uses this "bug" to keep you from docking at stations, gates or even lanes.
Ram all or ram nothing, the way its now is garbage.

agreed
I'd agree with that as long as speed docking wasn't possible.
On the other hand of the spectrum, speed docking is nessacary due to lolwuters, especily the ones that come in with a neutral rep towards the lawful NPCs and dont take heavy station fire.
On the other side of the spectrum, you have lolwutters speed docking on bases belonging to the same pirate that's trying to pirate them.
Pages: 1 2