Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Guard systems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Ok as lots of people know quite often people just use guard systems as shortcuts, usualy after making sure they are freindly with that factions guard, which frankly isnt the best of roleplay. A naval factions guard wouldnt care if you were the most law abiding person ever, if you try to shortcut thru their guard system you would be turnrd away / arrested / killed.

Anyone else think that guard systems should, for the most part, have only one way in or out ?
Case by case basis, but not by the main server's official faction preference.
Yes.

Guard systems should never be short cuts. I have seen one too many people using Omicron 74 to access Kappa to reach Outcast and Corsair systems. Zoner or not. Besides, (]c[) now officially owns the system and I try to enforce a "no go" rule but I can't be there all the time.

' Wrote:Case by case basis, but not by the main server's official faction preference.

That or, if possible, have some rephacks in place so you CAN NOT enter someones guard system safely w/o their or a strongly allied guard ID.

IE: LN/LSF/LPI able to enter their guard systems w/o the NPCs going ape on the player, all other IDs rephax'd to always be red to the guard. Past that leave repercussions for going when your not supposed to (IE: supporing forces) up to player based roleplay.

Not sure how doable the rephax would be (likley a load of work re-coding the attached reps) but it WOULD clear things up quite a bit, traders wouldnt be like 'i kan be hhere, they nut shoot me' they would be OMG IM DYING! the second they enter.

' Wrote:Yes.

Guard systems should never be short cuts. I have seen one too many people using Omicron 74 to access Kappa to reach Outcast and Corsair systems. Zoner or not. Besides, (]c[) now officially owns the system and I try to enforce a "no go" rule but I can't be there all the time.

Unfortunately, 74 is a special situation Guard system, since you a) have Freeport XV there and b) have the only route that the BHG|Core capships can actually go through to access Kappa and then Delta. (Read our ID cards - we are prohibited from entering Gamma and Alpha now.)

What you CAN do there is prohibit people from docking anywhere else other than the Freeport, and obviously blast the crap out of people that are found just wandering through the system.

Many of these guard systems were made/owned by player factions. They should be the ones to decide. Bring this up to all system-owning factions.
' Wrote:Unfortunately, 74 is a special situation Guard system, since you a) have Freeport XV there and b) have the only route that the BHG|Core capships can actually go through to access Kappa and then Delta. (Read our ID cards - we are prohibited from entering Gamma and Alpha now.)

What you CAN do there is prohibit people from docking anywhere else other than the Freeport, and obviously blast the crap out of people that are found just wandering through the system.

well in the case of 74 i respect the rules i know

Rule #1
Omnicron 74 IS NFZ

Rule #2
No stations except Freeport XV is open to public

Rule #3
People flying into the cloud towards the research stations will be KoS within Omnicron 74

Rule #4
Ships must identify themselves if asked

Well... thats the old rules i think.... fair enough for me.. Their strict, clear and reasonable
' Wrote:well in the case of 74 i respect the rules i know

Rule #1
Omnicron 74 IS NFZ

Rule #2
No stations except Freeport XV is open to public

Rule #3
People flying into the cloud towards the research stations will be KoS within Omnicron 74

Rule #4
Ships must identify themselves if asked
Well... thats the old rules i think.... fair enough for me.. Their strict, clear and reasonable

In the case of 74, next update could always add heave guard patrols in areas that shouldnt be enterd.

That or have the theta/kappa JH re-stabalice (read infocards, used to be one, destabalized, stranded surviving colonists)
I would fully support making guard systems dead-end systems if the faction that owned them wanted them that way. (If they own it they can modify it to suit their purposes.)

I would support auto-repninja'ing all but a faction's ID/GuardID hostile to said guard faction. It'd be a bit of tedious work though, every ID other then say, LN/LN Guard, would have to be told to be hostile to LN Guard NPCs one at a time.

I would also support letting factions report people who have logged off in space in a guard system and have said person moved out of said system.
' Wrote:I would fully support making guard systems dead-end systems if the faction that owned them wanted them that way. (If they own it they can modify it to suit their purposes.)

I would support auto-repninja'ing all but a faction's ID/GuardID hostile to said guard faction. It'd be a bit of tedious work though, every ID other then say, LN/LN Guard, would have to be told to be hostile to LN Guard NPCs one at a time.

I would also support letting factions report people who have logged off in space in a guard system and have said person moved out of said system.

/signed

/SIGNED

/SIGNEDSIGNEDSIGNEDSIGNED
Pages: 1 2 3 4