Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Powerpirating?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Uhmz... hai there people.

I just had a discussion with myself over a to me very interesting aspect of the game.
As we have Powerminers and Powertraders, we also may have Powerpirates.

Me for example, when Iam online on my pirate characters.
I RP on them, so Iam still arguing with me about the right term to use, as Power-something isnt indicating someone who actually RP's alot.

Basicly it became obvious to me, as I just counted how many money I made over the last time on my pirates in relation to the time I was online.
Dont know if its much money to other pirates out there, but at least its much to me, as its over 120 million credits in less then 70 minutes.

And I generally really roleplay with the people that I meet, with some more (those that RP properly back) and with some less (the "how much, ur stealing ma time" types).

Iam not hugging one spot all the time, well, I dont hug one spot at all. Iam flying around in my ZOI and just halt every trader that crosses my path. So it can also happen that the same trader needs to pay me 5 times a day, because obviously he hasnt learned and keeps coming back crossing my way. Iam not activily seeking them. The money comes to me.

Now... is that Powerpirating?
Or how to call it?

H4lp pl0x!

Also: Hpy New Year community.

kthxbai
- Div.

//Edit: And no, Iam not demanding 10 million credits of the miners or their haulers.
It's assumed that the term 'power-???' carries an element of not making sense.

Like a Kruger Miner trading between the Corsairs and the Outcasts... I dunno.
You just made... 120 Mil in 70 Minutes?

I'm making a Pirate and selling my trader!
' Wrote:It's assumed that the term 'power-???' carries an element of not making sense.
Like a Kruger Miner trading between the Corsairs and the Outcasts... I dunno.

And if its now not a Kruger, but a generic Smuggler.
Would such a trader with a Smuggler ID not actually doing its work good?
A Powersmuggler of the purest kind, so to say?
' Wrote:You just made... 120 Mil in 70 Minutes?
I'm making a Pirate and selling my trader!

Maybe I was just lucky and met many people whilst I was online, I dont know for sure.
And I wasnt the whole time online at once. Here some minutes and making some people transferring cash, there some minutes and making people tranferring cash.
Its kind of interesting how much money you can make if you keep moving around.

//Edit: Doublepost... ZOMG ONOZ!
Only you [or me] would make a Disco-discussion on New Year's Eve, Div...

[Applauds]

Really, I think many pirates, particularly unrestrained indie ones [not all of them, but some...this is a generalization], try to powerpirate. Succeed on the other hand, is a different story.

As a Corsair, I didn't do it for the money...I camped Omega 3's lanes to deal damage to the Outcasts indirectly by reducing Bretonia's economy and in turn its capability to afford Cardamine and its propogation. I didn't even always pirate...those I charged were mostly those who refused to give up their business with Bretonia for one reason or another. Some had nowhere else to go, and I respected that. I even made an Artifact Smuggler out of one of them...

Really, I guess it depends. Some people pirate to make lots of money, some don't. Some pirate to RP while making money without having to do the grind of trading. I really wouldn't say that power-pirating exists on the scale that powertrading does, primarily because of the difficulties and lack of reliability it possesses.

That's my take on it, and I shun you for 0.86 milliseconds for luring me into making a post on these forums...

SHUN!

Wort,
The Master Elite
' Wrote:...I camped...

I dont camp. Camping spots is just as boring as trading itself.

' Wrote:...Some pirate to RP while making money without having to do the grind of trading...

That.
And still, I need to categorize that kind of pirates to sterotype them as its done with the rest of the player-types in that game we play called Freelancer Discovery.
That said, I discovered that pirating is profitable whilst you are actually have a great amount of Roleplay.
Pirate Pirating to me...is those who demant 5mil+ or 500+ ore from a trader/miner. I also refer to this as to dam lazy to make it yourself,and ruining people's days.IE they spend hour's mining,and have a turd demand all their ore.
Well, I generally demand around 500k up to 6mill depending how the trader reacts.
Small ships are normally ignored. So it starts from 1k and above traders. And then it depends on the fact f they RP back accordingly or just want to leave as fast as possible because Iam stealing their precious time.
Latter example needs to transfer more money of course.

And those I pirate for their cargo, well, they generally need to drop all their cargo which gets then destroyed, because they supported a hostile group which I cant let them do. (Stealing my gold on the one side, supporting the Emperor on the other side)

I still dont have a name.
People, names! Propose some. Here is your chance to christen that type of player.
I'd say the 'power-' part comes from lack of RP and or understanding of rules.

So: No. You are no power pirate.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5